The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing candle steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fakiir
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fakiir
Hey everybody. I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a problem when stealing appearing candle (Fantasio). Before I produce the candle it should positioned in palm wig upwards (toward the thumb). But when I stealing it from holder (using booby pin and safety pin) it comes always to my palm upside down (wig down) because the construction of the "clip" which physically hangs down inside my clothing. Of course I can turn my hand but it's very unnatural. Is there any smart way to make the appearing candle steal smoother or any ideas how to position holder/clip?
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
I use a bent paper clip instead of a bobby pin. I found I can have more control over how it hangs inside the jacket. However, I have done the steal once and found that the candle was upside down, so this does not completely fix the problem.

I would also like to see how others fix this.

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
fakiir
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fakiir
Hehe, luckily I solved the problem myself last night. It's better to use music wire system (like Lair recommends, but instead of table you attach on your body (I used magnets to attach it). And then it's just the matter to turn the wig upwards BEFORE you steal it! With a little practice you'll find out that it's quite easy. Anybody else can recommend something???
WizardB
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of WizardB
In terms of turning around, never do that. That is even frowned upon in general theatrics. I would suggest get some misdirection (silk production in the other hand) and while you are doing that turn your body to a profile view of the audience then steal the candle with your "blind" (invisible to the audience, covered by your body) hand then turn around and produce the candle from there. Hope this helps!

Brian
fakiir
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fakiir
OK, thanks Brian, of course I mix the steal with misdirection, that's how most of magic works Smile But thanks very much anyway!
WizardB
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of WizardB
No problem!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Tim Sonefelt has a very good candle for about $20. His website is http://www.timsonefelt.com.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I have made an gimmick that that I might donate to a magazine if people are interested. It has a reservoir and holds the fluid overnight. You will have to make it yourself but you can jump around and it won't fall out until you need it. It's not pretty, but nobody ever sees it. I will have to get Fantasio's permission before I even think about releasing info on his product. It can be used for canes too. I am emailing Fantasio as we speak.

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing candle steal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL