The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Is it enough?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

circus_freak17
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of circus_freak17
Soon I would like to try to do some shows, but I don't think I have enough juggling material together for a show. I can do five balls, some 4-ball tricks, a lot of 3-ball tricks, a few 3-pin tricks, and four pins. Is this enough to start doing some juggling professionally? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Charles
Charles Watson
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Um.... err.... I Normally don't juggle more than 3 things in my show. Smile

Do you have "show" Without it juggling is boring. Take acting classes, Improve classes, Theater, voice, ect. It is all part of it.

Like magic, If you have "show", 3 tricks will last 30-45 min. and you will have your audience in the palm of your hand. Without it, 20 tricks in 20 mins is 20 mins too long.

I CAN juggle:
5 balls (multi plex, cascade is weak)
4 balls (well)
3 of anything I can hold.
devil stick (strong)
dioblo (1, strong, working on 2)
cigar boxs (ok)
I light most of these on fire. (not the cigar boxs)

Add the magic to this and... I have no life. Smile

Good luck, have fun, work hard, and go for it.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
circus_freak17
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of circus_freak17
Thanks Pokie Poke
Charles Watson
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Charles, from what you say, technically, you're ready. I remember the blood and the tears shed learning five ball cascade, so anyone who gets that far is no mean juggler, or indeed, human being. Smile

Try to turn some of that dedication and perseverance towards developing an act. And don't worry. You'll do just fine. Pokie-Poke's suggestions are all good. There's more to being an entertainer than the obvious techniques. All the many aspects of stagecraft have to be learned also. But don't be daunted by it all. If you learned five ball, you can learn just about anything.

One final thought, the worst routine you write is better than the best routine you didn't write.

Good luck.

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Is it enough?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL