The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Old poker book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Quote:
On 2007-11-24 15:05, tommy wrote:
Who was Hardison I wonder.

I don't know, but I all but laughed out loud when that CardPlayer.com article said that he was a shark for reasons x,y, & z. Based on what is offered by the book, I would say that he was just another magician trying to make a buck and jump on the bandwagon.

Let the flaming begin.

CC
card cheat
View Profile
Elite user
426 Posts

Profile of card cheat
Quote:
On 2007-11-23 17:55, JasonEngland wrote:
Hardison wasn't the only person to do this. Judson J. Cameron stole massive tracts from Erdnase in his book, Cheating At Bridge.

Jason,

I heard someone else make reference to this book about 1.5 years ago. At the time, it was said that this book had a few "nuggets" in it.

What would you say? Is it any good?

Hard to find?

Thanks in advance,
CC
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
CAB is available in reprint form for a few bucks. If you're a bridge player, then the information is well worth it. The cheating stuff is old hat for the most part (as well as stolen directly from Expert), but the specific applications to bridge make it worthwhile.

Likewise, the book would be of value to anyone that played a game similar to bridge (all cards dealt, partnership game, etc). Especially at the reprint prices. Paying full price for a first edition or hardcover would probably not be worth it except to the collectors.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
I have a copy of CAB on my shelf signed by John Northern Hilliard. Or at least has the name John Northern HIlliard inked in!! (Not being a collector, I'm not sure) Nifty little book.

DD
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is an interesting book called "Inside the Bermuda Bowl." which has some interesting stories about cheating at bridge so I am told. I have not read it. Bridge is not my game but I do think though that it is the game.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Old poker book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL