The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Simpsons Movie is funny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
It really is.

Filled with light-hearted, completely randomised humour, it is a good treat for The Simpsons lovers

:)
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
Oh rats...just realised there is a thread already about the simpsons movie.

Any of you Admin dears sees this thread first just delete it for me. Thanks
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Until then, let's all sing together ... Spider-pig, Spider-pig, ...
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
A little late on the uptake there aren't ya? The simpson's movie is so 3 months ago...

but I agree - very funny - the middle part where they go to alaska was ok, but not as funny as the first or last parts, IMO
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
ghostpianist
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of ghostpianist
Yep I missed the big screen so actually just saw it on DVD. I think the first 40 mins or so is awesome, there's nearly a joke every 5 seconds!

Liked your signature by the way.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
When did it come out on DVD?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-11-22 22:08, Big Jeff wrote:

In America, the official DVD is being released on December 18, 2007.

But the movie was available "unofficially" on DVD (not to mention on the Internet) within days of its release in the theatres, if not sooner.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2007-11-22 22:57, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-22 22:08, Big Jeff wrote:

In America, the official DVD is being released on December 18, 2007.

But the movie was available "unofficially" on DVD (not to mention on the Internet) within days of its release in the theatres, if not sooner.
yep - I saw a bootleg version at a friend's house that was DVD quality about a week or so after it was released. I am looking forward to the commercial release because I am sure that the extras are going to be great.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2007-11-22 02:22, balducci wrote:

I can't help but wonder if anyone under 30 is even familiar with the inspiration for that gag.
Fauna Gob
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Fauna Gob
I'm 21 and thought it was ridiculously obvious!

Fauna
I'm the hiphopapotamus, my rhymes are bottomless, sounds a little preposterous, spewing from my esophagus.
But, my ryhmes are so potent that during this small segment, I've made all the women in the last three threads pregnant.
David McCall
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of David McCall
Quote:
On 2007-11-23 00:25, Scott Cram wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-22 02:22, balducci wrote:

I can't help but wonder if anyone under 30 is even familiar with the inspiration for that gag.

I think so. The song has had some popular reference. When traveling to Ann Arbor, I'd see a huge sign for Arborland (mall?)... I used to sing a little song about Arborland to the theme of Spiderman.

Also, as one of the "In jokes" in the 2002 Spiderman movie, they had a guy with a guitar singing the 60's theme to Spiderman, with people dropping money in his hat.

So, while not everybody under 40 pays attention, and not while they necessarally have a clue about what it's about, I think the theme is still popular enough to be in the public's view. And I think any comic book fan 20 and years old and older would know it.

Of course, I've lived with old geezers my whole life, and most of my friends are in their 40s, so I could be an anomaly of pop culture knowledge, so I can't say for sure.

And actually, he's not spider pig anymore, he's Harry Plopper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiderpig#Plopper

Actually, I've got the theme song "Bart's doodle" and used "The Land of Chocolate" song for a video project for my mother. It's a great soundtrack. Both of those songs have a "squeeky clean 1950's esque sound to them.

And yep, I downloaded the end credit Spider Pig theme song from Itunes as well. It's pretty funny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Simpsons Movie is funny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL