The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Snapping out? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
I have hypnotised many people with many different inductions very successfuly. However I can't help but notice that some people just like to "snap out" of it. No matter how many deepenings I do or no matter what induction I do. Ill be giving them a regular suggestion that their feet are stuck to the floor or at any random point and they'll just open their eyes and say, "im not hypnotized anymore." Any way of preventing this? I've got my first show tonight.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Dunno if you can prevent it happening occasionally but certainly you can choose to snap them back in. They are only a moment away from hypnosis and as long as then snapping out of it does not disturb you then there is no need it should bother them, just ensure they feel good and bosh them back in.

Good luck with the show. Let us know how it goes.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
With a show supposing there are a fair amount of people there your chances are much better of finding really good subjects.

that's the trick really. The quality is in finding the right subjects.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
"Then when I count to three, allow yourself to return to that state of hypnosis you have created, just let yourself sink deeper, feeling better and better with each breath you take. 1-2-3- Sleep! Deep. Deeper. good."
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Alright, so I did my first show last night. It was for a bunch of 14-17 year old kids and it went great! I hypnotized about 10 people on stage however I only had 1 or 2 funny kids. I knew some of the kids there and I was dissapointed because most of the kids on stage were very quiet kids. I did a lot of group skits at the beginning but I slowly started doing more stuff with the kids who were funny. Overall a good first success.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Well done. Nothing like getting that first one out of the way. You really do not need 10 'funny' people to still do a good show. No doubt you learnt a lot?

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Yes I did. The main thing I learned is that you really cannot have people with any kind of troubled past come on stage. I mentioned at the beginning that,"if you have had more than two drinks, have been using any illegal drugs or have any kind of schzhitsophrenic/personality disorder to not come up on stage." Im curious as to how I could tell people who are in bad family situations to not come up on stage. I did skits totlly unrelated to anything about family and one time he almost started crying. I dealt with the situation easily but I knew there were people in the audience who noticed and he might have felt embarrased himself.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Great Job! good learning experience, give yourself a pat for being one of those few people who actually takes it to the next level!
You did great with the disclaimer, can;t have a "disclaimer" for everything. Sounds like you had a good grasp of things, obviously don't know your script/routines, but I stay away from ANYTHING related to family, age regression, past experience or anything that could be close to it. Stay in the nw, and have fun! Off to a great start.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Thanks nongard, I felt like I did learn from the experience. You can't have everything the way you want it, and another valuable tip I have for people who are thinking about doing their first show is that you need to make sure you have everything you need. I requested from my employer that I have a microphone, a stage setup and a music system. I know these are something a professional should carry themselves, but hey it was my first show. She said it was no problem that I could have those things. Unfortunately I only ended up with a bunch of chairs in front of bunch of poeple with little stage space, no microphone and no way to play music. My crew found a way around playing music and stage space, but having no microphone was devastating. How does everyone else go about these things? P.S. I will post my routine in another forum, id love to here some tips on improving my routine. I went for about 2 hours which was probaly too long, but everyone was having fun.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
ALWAYS bring your own equipment. Go to Radio Shack and get hooked up with corldess mike, cheap amp and PA and those bix box speakers. $500 dollars worth of stuff that will pay for itself forever. In a pinch (like when flying and you have a smaller group) Go to walmart/best buy and buy a kareoke machine (the big one $150) and use it. I have built the cost of this into my price on occasion, and just leve it behind in the hotel, making them managers kids happy I am sure. Sometimes I have UPS'd it back to my house in the original box, making my kids happy.... But, you GOTTA figure something out becasue it SUCKS to not have the right sound equipment.
Steve Bedwell
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Steve Bedwell
Hi ReadyToGo,

I second Richard's congratulations on plucking up the courage to do your first show.

An alternative to bringing your own a/v equipment is...

1. To be crystal clear in your contract exactly what you need and get your client to sign off on it. For example,
here's my a/v rider: http://keynote-speaker.net/pdf/avsheet.pdf
If it would be of assistance, you are most welcome to copy my wordage, (NOT the logo, etc Smile

2. Follow up 1 week prior to the event and confirm with your client (and, if possible, the venue) that everything has been taken care of.

3. Get to the venue early and ensure everything is as it should be. And, if it isn't, be assertive enough to get the necessary changes made. This is largely a matter of confidence and attitude. When I started out, I'd wimp out regularly )-: Now, I take responsibility for the impact of my presentation, and ensure that anything that needs to get changed, gets changed.

It's not that you can't take your own stuff, it's just that I would hate for you to be left with the belief that: "...these are something a professional should carry themselves, but hey it was my first show." Loads, although clearly not all, of full-time mentalists, magicians, speakers and hypnotists wouldn't dream of dragging their own stuff around.

The potential downsides of the 'take your own stuff' approach are...

1. You're taking responsibility for meeting your show's a/v needs in any, and all, venues; even places you've never visited before. When you start doing shows more regularly, sooner or later you'll fall victim to poor acoustics, feedback issues, etc. You'll find your Kareoke machine doesn't have the volume or tonal quality to meet the demands of the room.

2. Why schlep your own a/v, dragging it around, checking it at airports? And, hoping it doesn't get lost!

3. The venue probably has its own set-up built to meet the demands of the room. And, if not, your client will just have to spend a few hundred dollars and rent a professional system for the evening.

One final tip: If you do start using the venue's sound system, and even if you're working with a professional a/v team, insist that they put new batteries in the mic transmitter pack. Even if the device has an LED that's showing full battery power, STILL insist on a new battery.

Hope this helps.

I look forward to hearing that you've stormed your second show.

Steve
<a href="http://www.stevebedwell.com">Steve Bedwell</a>
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
The last bit of advice is essential. I ALWAYS have batterys chaned before a show, becasue murphys law says they will go dead in your show....
Steves advice is pretty solid! Thanx
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
Just a tip for using music in your show...

on several occasions I have had my CD become scratched or for whatever other reason not work in the Cd player provided. Since then I have dumped all of my music via MP3 on to my cell phone. I have a little adapter that I carry with me in my car and overnight baggage that will allow the cell phone to be plugged into ANY mixxing board. I find it very convenient. I took it one step further by getting a Bluetooth remote that I keep in my pocket. Im ready to do my show anywhere, anytime.
readytogo
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of readytogo
Thanks Steve you advice is awesomeand ill definatelytake it all into consideration. As far as music goes, ipods with aux cords work great and will also plug into mixing boards. It was an unfortunate venue and I did the show mostly as a favour to the lady in charge of running the event. I STILL have the issue of insurance. I live in Manitoba and I cant figure out how I could ever get insured. Im only 17 years old and do not have any formal training. Again I'm not looking for a fight ovr whether I should be trained or not because I believe studying hard, reading as many books and videos from as many different people will give you a diverse knowlege and is better than just learning from one person. I can't imagine how poor my english skills would be if I only had one english teacher. I believe in developing your own style and I have found mine. That being said, is there ANY way I can get insured? Thanks again for everyones help.
TheTrance-Master
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of TheTrance-Master
One thing I do if they pop out, is to Speed-Trance them, or very instantly re-Hypnotize them. That usually gets a laugh from the audience, while I have been know to utter something say from Sci-fi, like "resistance is Futile!" but no matter what happens, you are most likely to lose a few, bladders fill up, or in the case of birthday shows, the guest of honor in my experience wants to be the show and wants to watch the show as well. So I have found it best to mention this up front, "would you like to be in the show, or would you like to watch the show"
On the other hand, it IS very common in my shows to get collateral's (collaterally Hypnotized people from the audience) brought into my show. This past Wednesday, 2 of my show's starters left as they needed a restroom, and I picked up 3 more out of the audience. I LOVE asking them at shows end, as I'm dismissing them from the stage,"If I might ask you a question, how the heck did you get up here?" There response invariably is, "Gee, I don't know and how id I get up here?"
Also quite often I hear, where are my shoes? Let's leave that one for later. LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Snapping out? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL