The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » When Can I Edit My Posts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
There are times when I go back to one of my posts and there's an "edit" icon. There are times when there aren't. How does this work?

Thanks, in advance, for your reply.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
There are two basic rules regarding editing your posts.

The first rule is that after putting up the post or reply, you have 30 minutes to make corrections to it UNLESS: Rule two comes into play, which is that you cannot edit your post or reply if someone puts in a reply after you and before the 30 minutes are up.

Of course, if you find that you are no longer able to edit your post/reply and want to do so, the staff may be able to help by editing it for you at your request, but there may be certain rules in effect regarding this that I am not aware of.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Mind Guerilla,

Clynim is correct in the rules. I would just add that if you want some editing done, report the post to us and somebody will get to it. We will do pretty much any editing you want that corrects grammar, spelling, or clears up some meaning. However, we will never do any editing that will cause a change in your message. If we find we can't do that, we will send the post back to you so you can edit it and re-post. Just let us know...we're Staff Helping Magicians.

Steven
Coram Deo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » When Can I Edit My Posts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL