The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fearson's conundrum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Just got this email from his eMagic company. See if you can spot the cognitive dissonance:
Quote:
I don't think I mentioned it in my previous email, but I turned 40 the other day. It's a bit disturbing, but I'm doing ok.. all things considered.

I'm not going to dye my hair and turn emo like Criss Angel or anything but I do have some weird thoughts going through my head.

2008 is going to be a very special year. My plan is to make 1.8 million dollars selling magic tricks online and put a fat downpayment on a vacation home in Big Sur. Yes, I'm a sunshine addict. With your support and providing there's no intervention I will easily achieve this goal.

What this means for you is a plethora of fantastic, new magic pumped through at a breakneck rate.

I have new things already lined up from Paul Vigil, Eddy Ray, Dai Vernon, Max Malini and a few I cannot yet mention. Let's just say that King Kong ain't got nuthin on eMagic.

We're still donating a fat dollar from each and every sale to charity so if I have my way nobody's going hungry next year either. And I mean NOBODY. These kids are gonna have to wipe the flies off their faces and make room for the food we're shoving down their throats, like it or not.

The only thing fatter than my plans is my 40 year old noggin. I'm on a roll and I'm sure glad to have you along for the ride.

Don't mind the butter on my pants.

All the best!

Steve Fearson
(Emphases added.) "With your support" you can give him a million dollar VACATION HOME.

And he will give a whole DOLLAR to "shove food down kids throats" whether they want it or not. As though... [em]nobody[/em]... will starve thanks to him?

Wow. Not that charity is a bad thing, but... wow.

I like Steve Fearson, but I wonder if he wrote this to court controversy. Hm. Maybe I played right into his hands posting this?

I am a realist and know that he will do more to help people (the economy is people after all) by creating jobs building the summer home than he will by his patronizing food-shoving attitude.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Its nlp I bet ya.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
That's the kind of e-mail I would disregard, and discontinue a subscriptions based on having to read through the vacillating blather.

1.8 million dollars would not feed Everyone. The "wiping flies off the face" thing was plain dumb.

I feel we are all dumber for having read it.

I don't know Mr. Fearson, so I don't know if he really wrote that, or perhaps if his personality somehow would buffer it, but what I read there, on face value, made me feel bad for the next year in magic.

I'm Glad Dai Vernon is coming out with some new stuff though. He's sure taken his sweet time coming up with stuff lately.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I was wondering why he wasn't returning my calls. I wondered if something if something was wrong, glad to see he's coming out with new stuff too. Go Dai! Malini's stuff should be good also after his long break.

M:C
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Well considering you can buy an e-book for 5 dollars and he is donating 1 dollar he doesn't have to donate 1.8 million to charity but only a few hundred thousand. That is more than enough to feed every starving person in a 1 km radius in his own world.
Welcome to the world of SF.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I think some of you don't 'get' Steve Fearson and his way of communicating. I get it but then again I like Fearson a great deal and have been understanding him for awhile.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Steve a crazy guy, that's why we love him. I'd rather he tell me the money was so he could stop selling drugs to kids/breast enlargement/alien hunting/owning the moon...ect something really more "Steve F"
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Steve has a very dark sense of humor. You should have seen his avatar at the Astonishment Project!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fearson's conundrum (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL