The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Invisble thread? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
I see many different sources for invisible thread...

Im curious to know from those of you that use it, where to get the best quality?.. ie the most "invisible" for close up work?

Last thing I want starting out is someone saying "whats that fishing line off your hand??"
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Obviously
If you search this topic you will find a lot of controversy concerning "best" quality. Each brand has strengths and weaknesses, i.e. visibility in specific lighting, glare, elasticity, strength etc.. Some of the favorites include, Infinity Thread, Silk Worm, Mesika's, Ben Harris' ultra, wooly nylon thread, and there are others. Each of the above have people who swear by the product. It seems it is a matter of personal experimentation and preference. Be aware that there are elastic and non-elastic versions as well as automated retrieval systems that you may have to research. There are some really good DVD's and books to introduce you to the field. Ammar, Losander, Leclair and more have material for instruction.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
A lot of i.t. questions have been dealt with in the Rings, Strings, and Things forum here on the Café. There is a second forum in the Banquet Room that has discussion of i.t. on it as well, but you won't be able to see that area until you have had 50 posts.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Lawsoni
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Lawsoni
If you want to make your own loops use Mesika thread and tie your own.....They are identically the same as you are buying only they cost you less than 5 cents per loop..be prepared to mess up the first 10 or so while learning but from then on it is a breeze....You can make them any size you like once you learn how to tie the knot.....At that price I haven't bothered to source cheaper thread which certainly is around from Nylon stocking makers...e/mail me and I will show you a film of how to tie your own jrlawsonxz@optusnet.com.au
sacerdote dpn bpsco
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of sacerdote dpn bpsco
How strong is it ?
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Not very. If you're looking for strong IT you're on a fruitless quest.

Jim
wingz
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of wingz
The original post is 2 years old. I think mmreed may be a pro in IT now. Smile
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Either that or he gave up.

Jim
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Mesika Elastic, 100 ft....
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-12-03 11:34, mmreed wrote:
Im curious to know from those of you that use it, where to get the best quality?.. ie the most "invisible" for close up work?

It depends on what tricks you are planning to do. A lot of magicians use loops for cards. A lot use straight thread for floating something.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Infinity v2 300ft and comes in a custom dispenser!
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
When I was in US last May
a bought a couple of spools
of W/N and w/i an hour had
many various lengths ready
for use w/o making any kind
of significant change in my
source supply. Nice thread.

But buy some now. My source
said it is being replaced
with some polyester(?) type
that works well for sewers,
but bad for us. Weak as'ell.

Mesika's "Reel Deal"
is my fave at the time.
Spiders know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Invisble thread? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL