The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » SEAM 2008 Atlanta GA. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Andrew thanks for being there. It was nice meeting you. The contest was great we had a full show. The contest show was just long enough. It is important to sign for the contest early.

best
ken
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Yes, it was a fantastic convention! All of us from SC really thought it was outstanding.
My kudos and compliments to Ken, and Dianne, and Guy, and Debbie, and Paul, and Amy (what a party!), and Rick, (and everybody I have missed) for such a great job!

As to Harry Anderson-obviously he crossed the line for some, yes...but what a crying shame if that's all they take from it! What I heard was a one of a kind, eloquent talk by one of the most remarkable minds we have... a very rare treat! The man knows how to turn a phrase: "...as magicians we are huddled against the storm of reason, using each other as human shields against sanity" was one aphorism I had to write down. Besides the many jokes, I caught allusions to Dashiell Hammett, Agatha Christie, and S.J. Perlman. And, he made one of the most convincing pleas for us all to write our presentations out in script form that I have ever heard. (interesting to find in an "unscripted" talk)

I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

John Tudor
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
John,

You hit the nail on the head! A lesson we all take from this wonderful convention is have a script. (Where in drama did we learn that? LOL)

It was an experience well worth the investment. I would do it again.

Now we look forward to SCAM in January. How are you going to top this one?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Lucy and I enjoyed our visits with you also.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Also big thanks to Mark, the contest stage manager!
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Thanks, Bob,
Great to spend time with Lucy and yourself, too!

>>Now we look forward to SCAM in January. How are you going to top this one?

I don't know, as I'm not involved with SCAM anymore, but isn't it great that someone would even ask? Check the websites!

John
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
You know, one the best part of the convention was money raised for J.C. Dody's medical bills. If you've known Dody as long as many of us have, you know he is a rare jewel. His 'mini-pearls' are with women everywhere.

I'm proud of my former ring!
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Ricker you are right about "DOTY" he and Mary Doty are like my 2nd grandparents. We raised $2300.00 for them and that was really great!!

Ken
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
Excellent convention, Ken, great job in putting together an outstanding get together! I had a blast and enjoyed every aspect of it!
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Arthur thanks! Man you kept the contest going with your MC work and not being able to perform magic in between acts is very hard to do.

Ken
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me!

If Harry offended you onstage, you should have heard what he said offstage!

Jesus people, Lighten up! Grow some thicker skin!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I don't believe the discussion was ever about how thick our skin is. It has always been about how APPROPRIATE Harry was in what was conidered by many to be a family-friendly setting.

Years ago I was fortunate to meet Harry in New Orleans. My wife and children were present, and he was as nice and accommodating a guy as you would ever want to meet. Even though I know he has a reputation for foul language, based on my experience I would have thought that his lecture would have been pretty much PG-rated, at worst.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
sweetypie2019
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
2 Posts

Profile of sweetypie2019
Does anyone remember who did the bullet catch during the adult stage contest?
"Live as though heaven is on earth. Work as though you don't need the money. Sing as though no one can hear. Dance as though no one is watching. Love as though you've never been hurt. Dream as though all wishes come true."
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I remember him...I just don't remember who he was!

it was this guy...

http://www.gamagicclub.com/clubphotos/ap......t34.html
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
sweetypie2019
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
2 Posts

Profile of sweetypie2019
LOL I remember what he looked like, and his act for that matter...but I can't for the life of me remember his name.
"Live as though heaven is on earth. Work as though you don't need the money. Sing as though no one can hear. Dance as though no one is watching. Love as though you've never been hurt. Dream as though all wishes come true."
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Merrit ambrosh (bad spelling)
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
Hooo HA! and Ken saves the day!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
Merrett Ambrose is the correct spelling. Smile
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
I did the bullet catch... Merritt Ambrose... the correct spelling...
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » SEAM 2008 Atlanta GA. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL