The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Anyone worked with Betta Fish? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
I've seen many posts from people talking theoretically about Bettas (Beta Betas) but I would like to correspond with someone who has actually used them. I personally have worked with parrotlets, parakeets, chicks, and rabbits, and I dilsike using animals in my act (but I do, for the response).

I am considering using a TT production (Yamamoto with D. Stone-type presentation) but I wanted to hear from those who have used bettas over goldfish. I wonder about the larger fin size, how much the fish hate being handled, can they ever poke you (they are fighting fish) and air time (if 10-15 min for a goldfish how long for a betta?)

Thanks for getting back to me and not flaming me for using live animals. Thanks
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Got the gimmick from KJMagic (man are they fast)
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
I have enjoyed working with the betta and retired him from active service
JMAC
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of JMAC
I've peoduced mine 11 times now. I have alway's had a thing for betta's, I raised them as a kid. If you produce them in a wine class with a lot of curve in the glass. Or a brandy sniftner they look larger. Due the magnification between the water and the glass.I think this adds to the effect.
jmac
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
http://www.diamond-jim.com/

I have never produced fish, but I saw Diamond Jim lecture. One of his items was a fish and bowel production, called little fishy...This may help with you air time problem.

Andrew
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
I offer a "goldfish" (BETA) production for an extra up-charge at my kids shows. The kid keeps the fish, along with a bowl and starter kit that I buy on the way to the show, or the night before. The kid helps with the production effect. I use the "Crystal Fish Cylinder" and have had no problems what-so-ever with it. I also have Anton Corrandin's fish producing silk and an old Grant Stull Fish Bowl along with Fish Bait and Diamond Jim's mini fish and bowl production.....but it's still the Crystal Fish Cylinder that keeps coming along and getting the work done. It's available at Hocus-Pocus (do a search for Crystal Fish Cylinder) for about $75. I'm sure it's available at other retailers as well. LOVE the Crystal Fish Cylinder!!
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2008-01-15 21:55, Andrew H. wrote:
One of his items was a fish and bowel production
Andrew

How well does that production go over? Bet it gets lots of ooohs and ahhhs.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Anyone worked with Betta Fish? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL