The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Scenario (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Gallagher do work with fella named Mandrake?
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hi Guys, Yeah, you kinda got me on this one. I do travel in somewhat of a circuit,....not more then three days in a towns. However, twice in my stretch, I did stay camped for longer visits. Once, for three years in a town, and once for one year. Interesting discoveries. As I started, in both towns, I saw the pitches as limited, as well as the times to play. Three good spots, maybe three good days a week. When I rolled out of both towns, I had over twenty hot spots,....and could play when the feeling was right for me. Also, the hat was stronger at the END of my stay, than it was in the beginning! (That amazes me.) I think, in an `everyday small town´, although the folks NEED the entertainment more, they´re more scared. The more often you´re seen, the more they warm up to you. If you´re not just feeding them, the same old `rehearsed,....spontanious gags´, they start watching (and hopefully!) appreciating what you´re doing. The Magic starts to carry itself.
(I have always found it so funny, here in a Magic Forum, that most don´t believe Magic, as an art, can carry itself! How often have I read, and seen; "...the presentation",..i.e. the character,.... `funny, likible,...´ and the Magic is so weak,..and similar.)
Two other quick points, that might help; I don´t play all year. If I did, I would burn out,..and have no time to develope new material. I play a show for seven months, then take five off; develope the ideas I`ve collected, but didn´t have the time to develope. Second, I travel with my family. (Show business is a funny business;.... many, play and entertain thousands of people,...and die lonily.),...
...but I guess I´m kind of getting off of the subject, sorry.
"...do I work with a fella named Mandrake?", no, but in 1978, I did play P-town. I think, I´ve read, that´s where he sits. Beautiful place to play, especially `off-season´. A very knowledgable crowd.
Thanks for the moment,
gallagher
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Gallagher,

Sounds like you have broken the rules, or rather, made your own! Congrats on what's working for you. I wish I knew your circuit, because I'd love to see you work sometime.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
This thread has gotten very weird all of a sudden...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
All of a sudden? Smile
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Sorry, somehow I went down a different alley,... I´ll stick to reading!!
Keep dreaming, keep thinking,....keep trying.
gallagher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Scenario (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL