The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greed by Daniel Garcia :: REVIEWED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brucelee
View Profile
New user
Master of Nun-Chuckin'
70 Posts

Profile of Brucelee
Hey Guys,

I love this bill change so much that I have decided to write a review on it. I hope that by the end of this reading, you too will buy the DVD, make the gimmick, and perform the effect.

You can purchase this DVD from: http://penguinmagic.com/

Here we go:

Initial Thoughts: I have to admit that I was hesitant about buying this because I had heard that you have to cut up bills. Anyway, I had the money, and decided to give it a try. Boy was I lucky!

Teaching: Daniel Garcia is probably one of my favorite teachers next to Brad Christian and Jay Sankey. He speaks very clear and does mention everything you will need to know. There was only one thing I found that I didn't like. When he was discussing the making of the gimmick, about two-thirds of the way into it, he says something like, "Oh, and if you have a (I forget what he called it, but it was a paper trimmer, where you run the blade down the side of the paper and it cuts it perfectly) it will make cutting these bills easy, so you know you won't mess up." I would have liked it if he had mentioned that before hand. Minor issue.

The Gimmick: The gimmick obviously involves cutting up bills. Many reviewers have said that you have to cut the bill precisely in order for it to come out right. Well, that is true as with anything, I mean, you'd have to be blind or crossed-eyed (no offense) to not cut the bill correctly. If you are like one-eighth of an inch off, don't worry about it. Once you have the gimmicked bill set, I strongly recommend, as Daniel does, to practice the effect until the bill is fully warn in. It will be kinda stiff at first, but practicing will help that. Also, just because the bill is gimmicked, doesn't mean that the fifty-cent piece is not examinable at the end. It sure is! There are visual aids throughout the teaching as well.

The Reactions: Basically, when performed correctly, it kills. What I mean by correctly is, by being slow and letting the effect sink in. As with any effect, if you look nervous when performing this, you will screw up and expose the trick.

FAQ's:

Q: How much will the gimmick cost me?
A: If you make it right the first time, seven dollars. If you are like me however, and would like to save as much money as you can, you can photocopy the bills that you need and use those. Works good for me and I'm sure it would work good for you too.

Q: How are the angles?
A: Not bad, not good. You can't have anyone in back of you while performing the changes.

Q: Any specific lighting conditions needed?
A: Yes, you want to perform this in a somewhat dim area. Bars are great. Don't perform this while the sun is beating on you. Can't say much more or it may lead to exposure.

So that is my review for Daniel Garcia's awesome bill change, Greed. If there is anything you don't agree with that I do, please feel free to discuss.

Thanks for reading!

Brucelee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greed by Daniel Garcia :: REVIEWED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL