The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » WALKING LIBERTY SET..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Does anyone have the walking liberty E[ set by Jamie Schoolcraft ....

If so, what is the E[ like, is there any distortion to it. I am thinking of buying some gaffs including his gravity Flipper.

I am torn between choosing which to go for, I have about nine 64 silver Kennedy's, but I like the walking liberty's and the barbers but I am swayed more towards the walking liberty set, now I have done some research...I can afford to get a Deans set, but I do not really want to lose too much in size, my Kennedy's are 31mm and palm like a breeze, walkers are 30 millimeters in the reg coinage, so I don't really want them to lose much against my 64 Kennedy's.

Can anyone who has the E[ set in walkers from Jamie let me know what the coins are like? PM if necessary.

I am thinking of ordering after the holidays so I could do with a little help as I really can't make my mind up here.

The only way I'm gonna find out is with a little help from you guys as I ain't got any walkers...

Thanks in advance and a Merry Xmas to you all.

Blade.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hi Blade and a Merry Christmas to you. I have a soft Dean's set of Walking Liberty's from Schoolcraft and they are Fantastic! You lose very, very little in size with the Dean's set, just barely noticeable. If you put them side by side next to a regular Kennedy on the table.

I seriously doubt a spectator would be able to tell the difference in size. The e] is superb in every way, no noticeable distortion. I had the set for about a year and a half now and have never regretted getting them.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Thank you Fingers my mind is made up I'm gonna order a deans set after xmas..

And all the best to you .

Blade.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Magicblademan,

I purchased a walking liberty gravity flipper from Jamie. I really love it. It is one of the best purchases I have made.

I understand that his Dean sets are precision made. For example, if you lose a coin and contact Jamie, you can purchase a replacement coin that will fit your set perfectly without having to send your coins in. Also, if you have a Dean's set and later want to order a gravity flipper to match your set, Jamie can fix you up, again, without you having to send your coins in.

Hope this helps.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I have a Walking Liberty gravity flipper too and purchased it after the fact, after I received my Dean's set and it matched perfectly and is a great piece of artwork. I also will second everything Motor City mentioned.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Thanks everyone for your reply's ....I had wondered if jamie could do that with sending coins in (if they are a deans set).This was one of those things I was thinking regarding getting a deans set or an e[ as I did not want to have to keep sending the coins back and forth if I wanted to add extra coins at a later date.

Fingers/ Motorcity ...could you tell me on Jamies site ,he mentions about changing The outside diameter of the Grav compared to the schoolcraft one...

I know this is so it works with the deans set ,my question is does the Deans Grav lose much and would a spec realise it say for Dan's "4 coins your hands" routine which I have just recently ordered.

Best

Blade.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The size difference between an expanded shell and regular coins are the same size difference between an unexpanded shell and re-edged coins. If anything the unexpanded and cut down coins have less size difference since they are precision fit.

As for my particular routine, I happen to be using re-edged regular coins with a re-edged flipper so they match perfectly in size.

Honestly, if you used any of the types of coins (cut down, regular, expanded, etc.) nobody is going to notice. It is not worth obsessing over.

Just pick either a cut down set or regular set with expanded shell, and go with it.
Click to visit:
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Thanks all my research is done now and I am ready to place my order....

Just had to be sure..

Cheers

Blade Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I wholeheartedly agree with you Dan, and I'd say "obsessing" is about the right word. Poor me, in my "set" all I got is 3 regular half dollars and a Johnson's expanded half *(David Roth says "The finest shell in modern times ... beautifully made.") ...pretty neat though and it has done the trick for years, never a problem. But I feel so cheap. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » WALKING LIBERTY SET..... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL