The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reviews Wanted. George McBride "The Classics!" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
427 Posts

Profile of boinko
Actually, that's a great point -- and one of the reasons I especially enjoyed this 'Classics' DVD. Aside from McBride himself -- who is clearly an amazing technician and a pleasure to watch perform on the DVD -- I realized that it's *far* more interesting to see McBride's take on the classic stuff than it is to see any so-called "new" stuff. (And by "new" I'm talking about any of the single-trick DVDs from the big American magic web sites. And you know what I'm talking about.)

New material I've seen lately -- with the sole exception of the Ben Earl set from Alakazam (which is stunning, actually) -- has been dismal. Truly dismal and uninspiring. But this DVD is different. It's superb material done by an amazing magician.

One of the best DVDs I've seen in a long while. And the music -- as I say above -- is killer. Dave and Owen -- you gotta sell the soundtracks, too!

Actually all of BigBlindMedia's stuff lately has been great. I enjoyed 4X4 immensely. Keep this stuff coming! Smile
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I can't speak too highly of this DVD. Excellent, excellent, excellent. The work isn't terribly demanding and the effects are beautiful. His take on the Merlin Aces is pure gold.
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
Big fan of the Coins Across on this and the tip for arriving at the ace packet in Merlin's Lost Ace Trick is the best thing I've learnt this year.

Thanks to George and the guys at Big Blind.
So much to do. So little time.
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Hi y'all,

for anyone interested in hearing more about 'George McBride - The Classics', check out the review from MAGICSEEN MAGAZINE -

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/assets/PDF/......ar08.pdf

WAHEY!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reviews Wanted. George McBride "The Classics!" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL