The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Buying stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

evergreen
View Profile
New user
north bay ontario
21 Posts

Profile of evergreen
Hello, I am probly going to buy these items soon if I have enough money:
45 by Sankey
20 years in magic by Sankey
Marlo card switches

Anyone have any of these and not like them? Would you recommend me getting other things and if so, what? I'm asking this because its not everyday I get magic stuff, I want to get my money's worth. Thanks
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Get Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles series, they're fantastic for a beginner in magic. Simple yet powerful magic. Frankly I think getting 45 is not really useful, since it doesn't routine any of the sleights offered together. If you're into Sankey, however, get his Very Best of Jay Sankey series, which teaches tricks utilising the sleights taught in 45.
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Card Switches is very good but may require some work. Anyhing of Ed's is good to have. His things are getting harder to find. Card Switches is one of 14 chapters in the RCT (Revolutionary Card Technique) series. All the chapters are published as little booklets like Card Switches.

Jim Molinari
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Gerald
View Profile
Veteran user
Arkansas
325 Posts

Profile of Gerald
Evergreen,
If your main interest is in card magic, you can not go wrong with Roberto Giobbi's "Card College" four volume set. The series includes basic, intermediate, advanced sleights, good tricks with the sleights and other valuable information.

Best wishes!

Gerald
Donnay
View Profile
New user
N. Ireland
49 Posts

Profile of Donnay
It depends on what you already have. some of the things you mentioned would be tricky to learn unless you have a already got a decent grasp of cards.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Seems like you like Jay Sankey Stuff.

Some of the tricks are not bad.

So what are you into ?

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
evergreen
View Profile
New user
north bay ontario
21 Posts

Profile of evergreen
Im into close-up pretty much cards, how much is the RTC book anyways?
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
I would second Geralds' recomendation for the "Card College Series". If you are just beginning, this set of books will teach you everything you'll ever need to do just about anything in card magic. I always recomend that anyone buy all 4 books then study one book a year mastering the aterial before moving to the next. Just my opinion here.
All the Best
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Buying stuff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL