The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IKnow - New Trick from Jason Palter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
Hey guys,

Wanted to take just a second to let you know about a new effect being released by Jason Palter (Third Degree Burn, The Red Carpet) called iKnow. It's a trick utilizing an iPod or MP3 player where you're able to determine the song a spectator is singing in their head.

I knew Jason was brewing something up, so with a little prodding and poking, he spilled some of the beans to me. Before I go on, it's only fair that I disclose that Jason and I have talked and hashed around ideas in the past. I would consider Jason a friend. However, my thoughts on the trick are completely objective.

The trick is basically as I just described. A spectator is shown a playlist on your iPod (or MP3 player). Let's say the playlist has 70 songs on it. They're asked to scroll through, listen to a few of the songs, etc. The iPod is placed behind their back and they scroll up and down the playlist to choose any song they want. They listen to the song and are asked if they recognize it. The magician begins reading their mind, feeling their pulse, listening to their thoughts as they sing the song in their head, etc, etc.

The magician begins bopping his head…humming…singing…the song they chose.

There is no peek of any kind. You can't audibly hear the song they've chosen. The conditions are as fair as can be.

I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but the trick is ingenious. It works on virtually any MP3 player. I haven't seen the DVD yet, but I talked to Jason and he told me it's about an hour long. There are presentation ideas for close-up, street, and even stage. I love the idea of having a trick on you at all times (assuming you carry an iPod/MP3 player) that doesn't utilize cards or coins and requires absolutely no setup. Plus, music is something that resonates with everyone.

Let me know if you guys have any questions and I'll try to do my best to answer them. I'm sure Jason would be willing to answer them himself if you'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth. There's a preview video posted on his website.

http://www.paltergeist.com

For $20 I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed.

Eric
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
That sounds very interesting......I rather like the sound of it.

Just curious, would the same method work with photos on an ipod?
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
I don't have an iPod. I have a Sandisk MP3 player, so I'm not 100% sure how the iPod photo function works. At first, I wanted to say no, but the more I thought about it, the more I think it could work. I'm a high school teacher and 95% of my students carry iPods. I'll take a look at one tomorrow and let you know if I think it would work.

Eric
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Thanks Eric Smile
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I was fortunate enough to recieve iKnow some time ago. If you carry an iPod, this effect is for you!

It is simple, direct, organic, and effective.

Good job Jason!

Sean
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Jason performed this on me personally back in the summer when we were out having lunch one day. It fooled me! I thought the whole concept was great and he has taken an older mentalism plot and brought up to date to with today's technology! Everyone loves music and almost everyone loves magic so put the two together and how can you lose? Plus nothing to carry extra except for you ipod. Well done for everyone involved! And boy for the price, wow, its a steal!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
I don't even have an Ipod but this sounds so good....AND Jason's stuff is always so intriguing...DAMN!...off I go to the shops for some MP3 technology I guess!

Thanks a LOT Palter!!! Smile

;)
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
terrick
View Profile
New user
IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
Any idea if it works for the iPhone? I don't own an iPod, but I know that the iPhone's player is not the same as the iPod's. I don't know if it would make any difference, but I just don't want to buy something I can't use, y'know?
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
I just talked to Jason and he said yes, the trick does work with the iPhone. His exact words were:

"Hey man. Yes it does."

Hope that helps.
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Eric! It's been a while my friend...

Anyway, do you have to make a specific playlist for iKnow or can you use your entire library?
russpie
View Profile
New user
2 steps ahead
34 Posts

Profile of russpie
I've read some ads for it & it does say you can use your own music library. Sounds interesting.

Russ
http://www.smartmagic.co.uk
"Tragically I was an only twin"
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
You can use your own music library. You don't have to purchase any specific songs or anything like that. However, you do have to have the music you're going to do for this trick in a playlist. Hope that helps!

Eric
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
This is sounding pretty interesting, will be keeping an ear out for this.

Did you see what I did there? ear out... oh never mind.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

First, let me thank you all so much for your support and business. I'm so pleased because we had a TON of preorders on iKnow, and there was a lot of buzz about the trick!

Secondly, I just wanted to let everyone know that "iKnow" is now in stock! To those of you who preordered (thank you so much, by the way!), these will be shipping tomorrow (Monday) morning, so you should have them VERY soon.

The DVDs turned out great, and I think that you will be very happy with the trick! If anyone has any questions or would like ordering information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your time and your business.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I want to thank Jason for pricing this so reasonably. Free shipping helps me a lot, and $19.95 is a deal!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Yes, very reasonably priced.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
I have an iPhone and a few iPods.. Jason (thanks as always) also said that he cant see any reason why it wont work on the iPhone, and I can think of a huge number of possibilities of the principal, it's important to note that the iPod (or mp3 player) isn't gimmicked, and given that my iPhone or and iPod go pretty much everywhere with me.. its a perfect effect for me..

Got an email from jason last night saying mine was shipping to the UK, and should be here in about 10 business days.. it's going to be great to have a play with it... all of jasons stuff is top notch, and well priced and produced..
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you for all of the orders, support and wonderful comments! I just wanted to clarify some stuff regarding the compatibility issues that many have been asking:

I'm sure that I don't need to tell anyone that iPods are the most popular MP3 players on the planet (someone told me they have about 75% of the market!). iKnow will work with iPods that have a video/display screen that allows you to see playlists and the songs that are listed (it therefore will not work with the Shuffle, but will of course work with the iPhone and iPod Touch---it has been verified!). In terms of other MP3 players, there are so many different types of MP3 players on the market all around the world, it simply would have been impossible to test every single unit. However we did test the trick with what research showed were the two most popular units (after the iPods of course), and those were the Creative Vision: M, and a SanDisk Sansa unit. Both of these players have a video/display screen that shows the playlists, songs, etc., and the trick worked flawlessly with them. I have no doubt that users will start threads on various forums---including the brand new iKnow forum on our page-----to discuss many matters, including compatible MP3 player units. But as I mentioned, it should (will) work with most MP3 players that have a video/display screen that allows you to see the playlists and the lists of songs.

If anyone as any further questions, or would like ordering information please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
justini
View Profile
New user
Salisbury, MD
54 Posts

Profile of justini
Hi guys. I just got mine last night, so this is my short review:

AMAZING!

I watched the DVD, prepared the effect, and rehearsed it several times.

This morning, I was jumping out of my skin to try this on my wife. She is a skeptic, and as most of our wives are, get's really sick of "Honey let me show you a trick."

I told her that I had loaded several of our CD's into itunes, something I've been meaning to do anyway for some time. I then showed her the playlist I created from all those songs that I put on my ipod.

Then I went through the trick, as presented on the DVD.

When I revealed the song, she was shocked. She just started laughing and kept saying, "that was great, that was great! How did you know?"

This is a killer, easy to do, and will be loads of fun for quite some time.

Thanks Jason - your ROCK!
:clownonball:
Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
From all I've read, iKnow sounds very good. Even at $25 it was a great buy.

Now if only I wasn't in Hawaii... It's going to be too long of a wait for something this cool.

-Evan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IKnow - New Trick from Jason Palter (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL