The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Release by L&L » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
I just received the latest catalog from our DVD god, Louis Falanga. Is it me or does anyone else notice the lack of substance that L&L is releasing lately. They just released a new DVD set from R. Paul Wilson. On this set there are 39 effects...33of which are demoed and explained and 6 are performance only. That's 15% of the DVD's that are performance only. That seems a little high to me. And the price is still the same for the apparent lack of content.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
I think the set looks fantastic. So what if there are 6 effects you don't get to learn, you still get to see how he performs them and see why he is an accomplished magician. You get to watch and learn all the subtleties that make him great.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I always love when there is performance only stuff on DVD's. Then I get something to try and figure out.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Aren't they supposed to release the Docc Hilford set this month?
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I'm suprised that L&L still puts out mulitple effect DVD's. In todays world where the trend is single trick only DVD's and no one complains despite $20+ prices. Lets focus on that problem.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Tdowell,

From my signature, I think you can tell that I agree with you. The only solution that I can think of is if we as a community refuse to buy it. That's the only thing that I can see will get them to wake up.

If anyone has anymore suggestions, please tell us.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I will gladly pay 25bucks or way way more for a single trick that I will use for use. However I have yet to come across more than few expections that were worth their price.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Release by L&L » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL