The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tenyo in Japan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
Hey Guys,

Anyone have any idea where to buy Tenyo items in Japan? I have a friend doing some work over there for a while and I've asked him to pick some items up for me, however, I'm not sure where to tell him to look. I know nothing of Japan so any advise is helpful. Thanks.

shawn
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
There are a lot of magic shops in Japan - magic is pretty popular over there. A great one (though don't look for good demo people) is in Tokyo Disney.

One major problem, though, is that its very difficult to impossible to find stuff in English. So, if you need anything with instructions, you probably don't want Japanese stuff. I would offer to translate, but my written/read Japanese is so-so.
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

If you need a few specific places, I can email my former secretary from when I worked in Tokyo and send them to you. But, I'll be you get a specific response from one of the great Japanese magicians that hang around here.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
You can buy most latest Tenyo products in most Tokyu Hands shops in Tokyo.

Their web site: http://www.tokyu-hands.co.jp/index.htm

The only problem is most Japanese shops and their web site do not have English. Their shopkeepers also do not know how to speak English as well.

It is quite lucky that Japanese wording use 'Kanji' similar to traditional Chinese that I can understand 30 - 40% of what is about.

So, good luck, as long as you can locate a Tokyu Hands in your trip to Japan, be prepared to spend a lot on latest Tenyo items.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
You can also PM Koji Takada here on the Café.
I have bought many items from him and he is fast and fair.
Shipping is about $5-8 dollars on most items.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
A trip to Onosaka's Magic Land in Tokyo is a must. In fact, my avatar is taken in the shop!

My 2 NT's,
Charles
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Charles, you are right - it is a must, but the Magic Land does not sell Tenyo products.

As for Tenyo products - you can get Tenyo products at most toy shops.

Tokyu Hands stores are well stocked with magic items. They are in most big cities in Japan and should be easily found.

The best deals are actually at the toy and game section of the big YODOBASHI Camera discounter outlets. Also those are very easy to find.

Andy
Cards never lie
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
YOu may check TENYO items in Toys Park - Ginza, they have demonstrator to help you. Also at YAMASHIROYA shop but only display.
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
As many people mentioned above, "Tokyu Hands" is a must as well. In fact, you can obtain many many different kinds of things there if you are an active maker of magic props/gimmicks.

Best,
Charles
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Yes, you must not miss Tokyu hands when visit Japan. They have wide range of items including Tenyo, Kikuchi and many other products.
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
And if you have a chance to go to TDL(Tokyo Disney Land), You can find the Limited Tenyo magic "only in TDL". Tenyo Dancing Cane, Puppet, Coloring book, etc.

Koji
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Theres always a dozen kids walking around Tokyo Disney with those dancing canes!

I didn't know Yodabashi had Tenyo stuff (though I'm not surprised). I've spent a lot of time in those stores and never noticed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tenyo in Japan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL