The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cups and balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-05-03 08:31, Kipee wrote:
I remember seeing somewhere another debate on this, the general concensus seemed to suggest that the gazzo DVD is great, but likely to create lots of 'gazzo clones' teaching only one routine "as is", whereas the Ammar DVDs do teach the vernon routine etc, but is aimed at promoting and teaching the building blocks to a good cups and balls routine.

For me, being fairly new to all this, if you combine Mark Wilsons book, with the Ammar DVDs, you have ALL the components you'd need to get going (slights, cup flourishes, wand spins, routines and routine ideas, loads and loading ideas etc).

You know what? I really HATE the term "Gazzo Clone"... Especially when it's repeated a million times on a magic forum. It a pretty elitist and snobby thing to imply about someone. Let me ask you something: How many "Gazzo Clones" have you ever met? My guess is NONE.

Also, since Gaz's routine is basically a simplified handling of Vernon's routine, does that make Gazzo a "Vernon Clone". And how come "Vernon Clone" isn't a derogatory term, like "Gazzo Clone" seems to have become. It's just something that is so easy to say, and yet so meaningless A parroted phrase, so to speak...

Let me ask you something else, How often do you perform the Cups and Balls? I do it probably 40+ times I week, and I do this routine. Specifically. I even use a few of Gazzo's jokes. Does that make me a "Gazzo Clone"? I guess you'd have to see my show to make that presumption, but I'm quite sure you'd agree, even though I do Gazzo's routine, I'm no "clone".

OK. Rant's over.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
I've seen your routine and yes your a Gazzo clone.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Clone or not, if he paid for the routine as it is published then he has the right to do the routine as is. Yes, there may be no originality (I don't know. I have not seen either Gazzo's routine or Gaddy's routine), but he bought the right to perform the routine as is. Smile
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-05-03 17:29, trickytrav wrote:
I've seen your routine and yes your a Gazzo clone.

And you are hiding behind an anonymous internet sock puppet, "trickytav" -your opinion is even less than completely worthless to me. Next time you "see my routine" on the street let me know and we can discuss it personally in full detail...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cups and balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL