The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Mini card deck tricks? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Ellusionist also provide a good card trick with their mini Balck Deck and Ghost Decks!
markyeager
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of markyeager
Mike Skinner had a routine with a mini invisible deck and a purse frame, that I think is fantastic. He produced the deck from the purse frame magically!
It's Fun to be Fooled
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Quote:
On 2003-03-14 19:32, Larry Davidson wrote:
Mike Powers is probably too modest to toot his own horn, but his marketed effect, "Diminishing Returns," is THE BEST version of Brother John Hamman's Micro-Macro trick and THE BEST miniature card effect I know of, although you can't do it with the miniature deck you bought. Thanks Mike for marketing such a killer.

Also Mike Powers is too modest to mention his other effect The amBIGuous Card in his new book Power Plays. You can see a demo for both and Doug Conn's "Plasitic Lady" (which also uses a miniature card) on his site http://www.mallofmagic.com

I like this line when I introduce an effect of mine using miniature cards. "People always ask me, how do you do that?. Well it's simple. I train the cards. I start training them when they are still young." Then produce the miniature cards.
Yours,

Ivan
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
John Kennedy's effect "Amazing Shrinking Deck" is a wonderful blend of Micro Macro by Bro John Hammon and John Cornelius's Shrinking Card Case
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Don't forget Jay Sankey's Parallel Worlds!
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
PM Magicmind. He has a trick called the Low Main Deck. Great way to introduce a mini deck routine.
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
In Matrix God's Way I published a killer four ace production with a mini deck. The hands are empty throughout the entire production, yet at the end, the cards are pulled back to reveal a half dollar under each ace (which barely fit under the cards). Definately should check it out.

John B. Born
Tim David
View Profile
Regular user
MA
164 Posts

Profile of Tim David
You can check out my "Mini-Me Cards" for free at my site:

http://www.themagicteacher.com/articles/......d-Trick/

Also, Cameron Ramsay released a very practical and workable 2-phase routine called "Distend":

http://www.TheMagicTeacher.com/distend.html
Go spread some wonder

http://www.TimDavidMagic.com
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
Micro Macro by John Hammond.
Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
I always liked "Midget Sextet" from Jerry Mentzer. You can find it at http://www.magicmethodsonline.com in the Card Tricks section. It's a real knock-out where a miniature card instantly changes to a poker sized card when the mini is turned over. And the card doesn't fold!

"All things being Equal, I'm having a Splenda day."
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
I saw one where the guy produced four silver dollars from under two cards chosen from a mini deck. It was very cool.
RachelMilano
View Profile
New user
United States
83 Posts

Profile of RachelMilano
Lance Burton did a great mini-deck routine on an old TV special years ago. I wish I knew where to see it again. Very clever routine.
I'd much rather regret something I've done than something I was too afraid to do. Have a great day. Rachel.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Rachel

That was a very nice routine. I believe he did micro macro, then followed with a sympathetic type effect where he put the mini cards in a champagne glass and the faces of the cards would change. I haven't watched it in years but I happened to tape that special. I wonder if the performance might be up on utube?

All the best,
Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
aktino
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of aktino
Now this is quite some time ago (25 years???) but Pabular magazine carried a witch doctor effect which I liked a great deal at the time. I wish I could remember the name of the trick and its creator. It was basically a variation on the Cannibal cards, where the four captured kings shrunk from Poker to Pastime size(instead of disappearing), one by one, as the cards were counted. Looking up at their normal (Poker) sized captors, the kings were brave to the end: "You may well be able to grow to the size of giants but you can never make us shrink".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Mini card deck tricks? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL