The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » "Double Card Prediction" by Criss Angel - source? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
The "Double Card Prediction" trick that is performed and explained on Criss Angel's Masterminds DVD seems to me to be a simplified form of Gemini Twins by Karl Fulves or Untouched by Daryl. See the videos of the effect here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihBYgaWwpHA

Does anyone know the original name and creator of the trick done by Angel? Or is it just a watered down version of Gemini Twins?
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
No, it is not a variation of 'Gemini Twin'.
It is a trick based on 'Double Deal' which root is in Al Leech's 'The Spectator Does a Trick' described in his "Cardmanship" published 1959.

Hideo Kato
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Thank you!
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Doesn't Bill Malone also teach this simpler self-working trick (not Gemini Twins, but the Double Deal) on one of his videos?
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I version of this can be found on Ammars Easy to Master Card Trick series. I am not sure which volume?????
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
The mechanics of "Double Deal" (= "Double Card Prediction") are actually similar to Daryl's "Untouched" (which is on Vol. 4 of Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles, but the presentation is similar to Karl Fulves' "Gemini Twins". For a more detailed comparison between the mechanics and presentations of four similar effects, including this one, see my post in this thread:

Daryl's Untouched in Scarne on Card Tricks
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=206&10

"Double Prediction" as explained by Dave Hudspath on the Amazing Magic Tricks With Cards by Royal Magic is even a more simplified version of "Double Deal", but uses the two bottom cards and no dealing.
Magic CPA
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Magic CPA
Quote:
On 2008-01-29 14:04, Topov wrote:
Doesn't Bill Malone also teach this simpler self-working trick (not Gemini Twins, but the Double Deal) on one of his videos?

Bill Malone teaches this trick on one of the IMS "Best of the Best" DVD's. His purpose was to demonstrate the importance of selling a trick (e.g. to make a simple trick appear more impressive).
dobber
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of dobber
This video is very instructional for newer magi. JT gives a nice lesson in time misdirection with that little recap.

I did this trick the other evening for a few people-imagine my surprise and delight when I was able to name the AS and AH as my prediction cards!
Rob
STM70
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of STM70
On Gerry Griffin's Complete Card Magic - Volume One the trick is called "Into the Future", but I'm sure that's not the original title. This is where I learned the trick, however.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
My Goodness that was bad. Johnny Thompson probably taught him that trick right before the shoot. In My opinion, awful- not the trick, the presentation- which makes the trick seem very weak. Eugene Burger presents this same effect using three predictions instead of two. Its called Psychic Sense and Burger's way of presenting it makes it a killer! Angel should stick to camera tricks and stooges.

Sincerely Rodney
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » "Double Card Prediction" by Criss Angel - source? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL