The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Biggest Wand" gets Biggest Reactions!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Hi Gang!

Just in case there is ANY of you out there that has ever thought about adding the "Biggest Wand" from the folks at Creative Magic to your repertoire, let me help your decision and GET ONE!!!

I had great success with the "Bigger Wands" Set, but since I have added the finale of the "Biggest Wand", the reactions have been absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Just this morning I performed two School Assemblies and the Principal made a specific comment after the shows about what a Terrific Response the Biggest Wand got and how it created the perfect, "KODAK MOMENT" in the show!

I am NOT an agent, representative, nor do I get any kickbacks from Creative Magic, I am just simply someone who was lucky enough to realize this a great prop, that gets great reactions and bought it!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Wow Frank, that's a lot of enthusiasm. I haven't used it, but have seen it in shows, and it seemed like a lot of lugging for a gag prop. I happily cart stuff I can build an entire routine around, despite ribbing from the "packs flat" crowd. But does this qualify as a routine/conversation piece or just an eye candy piece? It seems more like, pun intended, "a one-trick pony." Do you find it conducive to creative pattering, or just a "Kodak moment"?

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 6:11pm
Maybe I just didn't see it done well and didn't think about it enough to come up with better handling/routining. If you're willing, would you mind telling us a little about how you use it (premise/patter)? Many thanks.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I would be happy to!

After selecting a boy and a girl form the audience I proceed to dress them up as a Magician and a lovely assistant. After we have tried unsuccessfully to use several wands to do the magic, (i.e Break-Away Wand, Fishing Pole Wand, & Comedy Wand to Flowers, I say that in order to do some big magic we need a Big wand.

I exit off stage for just a quick moment and return with wand #1 (the small stubby wand), from the "Bigger Wands" set. Afdter handing it to the boy, I say, You know, that really isn't a very big wand....I think we need a BIGGER WAND!
I place a real emphasis on the words, bigger wand!
Again I go off stage to get wand #2. I keep doing this and by the time I have reached the third or fourth wand, all of the kids in the audience will proceed to start screaming when I get out there "No, a BIGGER WAND!", because I have already conditioned them by emphasizing the words Bigger Wand from the beginning!
Each time I exit, and come back on stage a little quicker, giving the kids (after they are yelling), a kind of, "YOU CAN"T BE SERIOUS, You want a BIGGER WAND?" kind of reaction!!! When I get to the seventh wand in the set, these kids are ready to come unglued with their reactions! It just builds & BUILDS!
Finally I say that there is only one more wand, and it is a really, really REALLY BIG WAND! When they see that 12 foot Biggest Wand come out is a mass hysteria of screaming & reactions! I have the boy grab the Biggest Wand around the middle, and tell him to wiggle and wave the wand. Of course the size difference between the boy & the wand is tremendous and it is such a funny, visual image!!!

I don't feel that there is a whole lot of Lugging around with them as you say. The Bigger Wands AND the Biggest Wand BOTH fit in two seperate duffle bags.
And all though they don't exactly pack FLAT, they are incredibly light in weight, and without a doubt, PLAYS BIG!!!

One word of advice, the Biggest Wand is NOT for your average Home Birthday Party Show! You need PLENTY of room for it and that is why I use it EXCLUSIVELY for my Stage Shows! I feel that going off stage and coming back on with a new wand sells the whole routine. It just AUTOMATICALLY Builds the suspense! The kids are just dying to know what size is coming next! If you were out in the open and everyone could see the wands BEFORE you introduced them one at a time, then it just would not play as well!

Save it for the stage!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Anything that is "super sized" adds comedy to the show. I use a huge pen for people to mark a card.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2008-01-25 19:56, Bob Sanders wrote:
Anything that is "super sized" adds comedy to the show. I use a huge pen for people to mark a card.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

I agree! There are a lot of giant props available at http://www.greatbigstuff.com/catalogfront.html

Lyndel
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I have to agree with Frank that the Biggest Wand receives an incredible reaction. It's just so totally unexpected and over the top.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Lyndel,

Thanks for that reference. I'll use it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- And they have the pen I use.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
cameroncando
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cameroncando
I too love Bigger and Biggest wand. It is a little work to blow up the wand but WORTH it!!!!

Cam
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Quote:
On 2008-01-31 16:08, cameroncando wrote:
I too love Bigger and Biggest wand. It is a little work to blow up the wand but WORTH it!!!!

Cam

Really???

I certainly hope you are not trying to blow it up by MOUTH!!!!

I bought at Target, a Coleman Air pump that runs off of 4 "D" size batteries, and it fills the "Biggest Wand" in about a minute!

=Frank=

Frank Thurston

Sordini
View Profile
New user
USA
70 Posts

Profile of Sordini
Magicmanfrank, I like your "You can't be serious line"

I think anyone who neigh says this effect/masterpiece has never tried it. It's truly is rewarding to perform.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I just wanted to echo Frank and Cam's comments on the biggest wand. The look of absolute disbelief after the 7' wand was priceless as were the overall reactions. I inflated mine in no time with a rechargable pump that I picked up at Target.

Dan.
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
I have been thinking about getting that Biggest Wand myself. I have the Bigger Wand and they are a hit in the right setting. It works well in my goofy magic show.

Thanks for the link on the GreatBigStuff.com. I think I will have to do some silly shopping for an idea that I have been working on Smile

Cheers,

B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I have used bigger wands since they day they were offered for sale and love them. I purchased the biggest wand a few weeks ago and used it once in a stage show. It was great. Still, I have been thinking about taking out two of the middle size wands so the trick doesn't stretch out so long. Anybody else thought about pulling a couple of the middle size wands out to shorten the routine a bit so it does not go on so long?

Derrick
magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
I would like to learn more about biggest wand. Is there a website to purchase from?
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Reminds me of the outside swimming pool party a few years back. I used one of those long floating tubes as a magic wand...
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Steve,

Here's the link to the Biggest Wand: http://www.creativemagic.net/kids/biggestwand.htm

Dan.
magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
Thanks Dan,

What a GREAT routine....I must get a set!
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I'm curious as to what magic effect people are using this jumbo prop with?
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
I have pulled out a few of the wands in the middle. I start with the smallest. I skipped the next one. Use wand three and skip the next one. I then use the last three. I get the same results but not having to drawn out so long.

As fas as using it with what trick... Well everything from a TT to a Change bag will work. Really anything that you need a little one to wave a wand at Smile

Cheers,

B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
That's what I thought. I'm going to drop a few out to make the routine a acceptable length.

Derrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "Biggest Wand" gets Biggest Reactions!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL