The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Razorblade eating -presentation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BarryRice
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
88 Posts

Profile of BarryRice
I have to go with Paul Potassi. His is absolutely amazing with it, but it is the most dangerous version I have seen too.
"The magic of the tongue is the most dangerous of all spells."
-Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton

http://www.amazingbarry.com
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
The best thing about the razor blade illusion is it is open ended. The presentation is all up to you. Some DVD's teach you their method, some teach you the basics so you can create for yourself.

I prefer the latter.
Official Thread Killer
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Having watched Tim Ellis version Live as well on his great DVD-Ultimate Blades is a fabulous effect
& is the basis for my own routine, so thanks Tim Ellis but use Pauls disposal method as Ive mentioned but in Paul Potassys book he uses upto 20 Blades even though he only swallowed 15 I think!

I think for now I'll stick to 5-6 Blades in most shows but Im very impressed with many of the ideas mentioned above
& have left me thinking of some variations so food for thought

I have on Video a performance of Richiardi doing this Live & the tension & Atmosphere in the theatre was electric-real theatre at its best -Brilliant to see, the audience freaked with each blade swallowed-he uses great music!
enigmatic
View Profile
Regular user
France
174 Posts

Profile of enigmatic
The most incredible razor blade's act I've seen, is Otto Wessely's act ! At the end it's about 100 blades on the thread !!

The video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz8rxbHWVg0
Real vision is the ability to see the invisible. (Jonathan Swift).

WWW.MAISON-HANTEE.COM
WWW.CHASSEURDEFANTOMES.COM
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2008-10-20 11:03, Nala Nosmoht wrote:
Hello Brent , I've performed the blades for 25 years.(even actually/accidently swallowed them during a performance , but I won't go into that) I started out with 10 blades with music , but found using 10 redundant , so use 5 in a more dramatic fashion. It's always worked well for me. And it really helps to find the right music. I even have a comedy version. A little more preparation ,but very funny. Alan

Thanks for all the posts guys!!!

I agree with the 5-6 blades being dramatic as well for my shows as mentioned but I think 20 or more for longer shows is a great option.....

The Music is the key as mentioned........
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Producing more then 'eaten' is a great surprising climax. It leads to a number of comedy lines. Something along the lines, I have have not gotten them all in the last show. Anyway, it makes for a good climax.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
OTTO'S IS UNBELIEVABLE... I DON'T KNOW HOW HE CAN DO IT... BUT Tim Ellis' is far more practical and one of the best.

Think about the re-set with Otto's... has to be a nightmare for Christa to untangle. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Paco iglacias
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Paco iglacias
I always carry one razor on me at all times. Its useful at work, and I do a little one coin routine with the razor instead of the coin, then stick it to my tongue, flick the razor around then mime a swallow. it helps to ham it up a bit. Then I talk a little about that feeling you get when you swallow something and it gets stuck half way, then reproduce it. I've never gotten them strung out on a string before, but these videos are giving me the push to go out and buy a box of razors.
oh though I don't know if it has anything to do with this, Otto's routine reminds me a bit of "Nicotine Nincompoop" which might give a bit of insight, but still that is an impossibly large amount of razors to load into your mouth.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
There is a gentleman in Australia who links three blades together in his mouth without the use of thread.
Official Thread Killer
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Quote:
On 2010-06-04 05:50, Stucky wrote:
There is a gentleman in Australia who links three blades together in his mouth without the use of thread.

That effect is by Bizzaro on his Helter Shelter dvd, its pretty cool, I've played around with it
lebowski
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of lebowski
Kohler is touting Alexander's Blades as the ultimate presentation.
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Mmmmmm...
I love scott alexander and I believe kohler has put out some great stuff
but I don't think I need to pay that amount of money for a routine
I wish them both good luck

Tim Ellis routine is awesome and funny and really well explained,
I am happy with it
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
I recently decided to add razor-blade eating to my act and I sure am glad I found this topic. It has given me much more to think about. I haven't done much in the way of making a routine out of it, it's just something I know I am going to do. I know where I am coming back to when I start on it though. Thanks all!

Alex
Weird is part of the job.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Sure...the presentation is a fine one. I wouldn't have put it out if I didn't believe in it.

However, I think what some don't realize, is the method and detailed behind the scenes work, surpasses the presentation. It is in these details, where people are finding the answers they were looking for on the blades.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Watch Kalanag perform the RaZor Blades Trick on the new Ed Sullivan Amazing Stars of Magic DVD on the market.

The link is:
http://www.sofaentertainment.com/sulliva......188.html

This DVD is a must have for every magician!
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2010-08-04 01:56, Scott Alexander wrote:
Sure...the presentation is a fine one. I wouldn't have put it out if I didn't believe in it.

However, I think what some don't realize, is the method and detailed behind the scenes work, surpasses the presentation. It is in these details, where people are finding the answers they were looking for on the blades.

Great comment from Scott-

I use the Razors most weeks at bigger events & the prep & set up as well as finding good
presentation then music is really hard work-some nights at home its hrs of prep & cutting etc..

I enjoy anything scott puts out as well as having some great Ideas from Tim Ellis & also Paul Potassy

Thanks also to many for some extra great Ideas -its given me something to work on as Im
looking for extra ways to present this cool effect.........

Brent
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
Tim Ellis' routine is simply stunning magic.

It is very safe and the routine is very entertaining.

Highly workable and get a great reaction everytime.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-05-06 20:38, enigmatic wrote:
The most incredible razor blade's act I've seen, is Otto Wessely's act ! At the end it's about 100 blades on the thread !!

The video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz8rxbHWVg0

I saw Otto do this three years ago a the Wintergarten in Berlin. Otto works silently to music. However, I don't know ANYONE else who could do this act -- not just the razor blades, his whole act. It is one of the funniest magic acts I have EVER seen anywhere.

I saw him the next day at the Egyptological Museum in Berlin. He had come by to talk to Magic Christian and some of the other magicians who were on our tour.

He's a very nice fellow, and rather modest.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Razorblade eating -presentation? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL