The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Arabian Tent/Haunted House Illusion from Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
Dear All,

Has anyone performed this illusion from the Mark Wilson book? Is it effective? Are there any angle problems with it?
I'm predominantly close-up guy (as a hobby, not professionally), but have been asked by work to take part in a talent competition. Since it will be on stage I am working on platform effects (e.g linking rings), but wanted to incorporate an inexpensive illusion for the finale. The Haunted House Illusion seems perfect.
Any help/guidance/advice would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Lee
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Hey Lee, yes there are significant angle problems with the Arabian Tent/Haunted House illusion. However if done on a platform with the audience to the front it is totally effective. As critical as the angles is the timing needed to make the Haunted House version work well. Either version takes practice and much rehearsal to get down well.

I have used the Haunted House version right out of the U.F. Grant manuscript (that’s where Wilson got it! It was published in the early 50’s!). It has been a feature illusion in every Halloween show I have performed for the past 10 years or so.

This illusion is worth every second you put into it. It is inexpensive to build, technically easy to learn, and only takes a commitment to practice and rehearsal to make it a real mystery.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
The Wilson tape which covers this effect is quite good. It is also worth it to see what is done with angles when you are in total control.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
Thankyou both very much.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Arabian Tent/Haunted House Illusion from Wilson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL