The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » DAVID REGAL LECTURE TOUR (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
David Regal will conducting a lecture tour across western Canada this upcoming Weekend. His tour schedule is as follows:

Edmonton, Alberta - Feb. 1, 2008 - tickets: (780) 907-6273
Calgary, Alberta - Feb. 2, 2008 - tickets: (403) 230-0810
Victoria, B.C. - Feb. 3, 2008 - Tickets: (250)382-5071

It's sure to be a fantastic lecture so please come out and have some fun!

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
Awesome! Nothing in the magically deprived east!! Have fun to anyone lucky enough to be able to attend the lectures!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Magic deprived east?

Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal has had- David Acer, David Roth, Devil, Charles Gucci, Bill Abbott, and several others... and that's just since September!

Personally, I've organized the tours for David Roth and Bill Abbott this year, and have Johnny Thompson up for April. I'm also talking with Joshua Jay about coming in, and trying to convince Tyler Wilson to hit the road with me.

If you want us to come to Ottawa, you've got to mention it to the club. If they see there's interest (and how could there not be!) then it makes it easier on BOTH our parts.

Also, wait till you see NEXT years line-up! Might be the best one yet!
Ben Train

Oh, for the record,

I've spoken with Mr. Regal and we're trying to find a way to do a tour up here. But, he's got a real job which means we have to work around that schedule.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
Yeah yeah I know I'm just a being a bit grumpy. Call it an already too long crappy winter. But seriously, all I see in Ottawa is one lecture in April and that's about it. And I'm not in any clubs so what I say doesn't really have any weight I'm sure. Also when you run down the list of people who have recently lectured I want to vomit because I can't believe I missed all those. One thing I have noticed is that you (Bentrain) are very involved in getting people to tour your area and I'm sure people value the effort and work you put into getting such events to take place. Just as I value your posts and opinions you give on the Café.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey Andre,

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Yes, it's been pretty crazy trying to organize everything (I not only plan the tour completely, but take care of all the details and travel with the artists!), but I think it's been worth it- both for me and the local communities.

I tried to bring in David Roth (to Ottawa) recently, but we couldn't settle on a fee so we had to skip it (which was a shame, because I love Ottawa and the club there). Hopefully we can work something out for the next few guys I have coming in (especially Johnny Thompson- it would be a shame for people to have to miss him!)

Ben
p.s.
Just so everyone knows, the tours aren't just for the local areas. My tour (featuring different artists- inquire for more info) has gone as far north as Thunderbay and as far south as Virginia. Chicago, Montreal, New York, Washington, Toronto, Ohio, and many others are all part of the trip.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Ben,

I expect info on the Johnny Thompson tour as soon as you find out anything!

d.steep@tcc.on.ca
Daniel
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I hear I should bring my swim trunks with me for some fun in the sun.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2008-01-31 03:33, David Regal wrote:
I hear I should bring my swim trunks with me for some fun in the sun.

Ha!

Seriously though, what the heck is going on with the weather? Two days ago it was so nice me and some buddies were shooting hoops outside. Yesterday? So cold my Stewart James books froze shut. And that's just in Toronto!

Good luck with the tour, and I'm jealous of everyone who gets to attend! Knock 'em dead!

Ben
p.s.
I heard a rumor about you and Stars of Magic. And truth to it?

Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Yeah, I don't know what a noogie is but I'm pretty sure mine froze off already!!

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I understand that Meir Yedid is going to republish Stars of Magic, and I'm excited about it. He has unearthed some interesting history.
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
98 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
You wanna talk about magic deprived east you should come to Halifax. Heck everyone should come to Halifax. Lecturing magicians are especially welcome
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » DAVID REGAL LECTURE TOUR (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL