The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My first attempt at a video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Hmmm, maybe. I like to keep the harassment civil though. To me, it's better to set up in advance that you're allowed to be there.

Mind you, that didn't do a lot of good on Thayer St! Smile So maybe you're right.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I'm a nube busker...please understand that first and foremost. But, I'm 100% with Paddy on this one.

I've been kicked out of places before and no one gave me any more grief than a simple "move along". Now, these were NOT established pitches (though I have been tossed outta those before too for not going through proper channels)...so, nobody really had any idea what I was doing. They just saw me havin' a crowd and then asking for money...and not liking it one bit.

But, like Paddy said. I made a couple hats before I had to move on.

Paddy, I'm talking about Ludlow avenue near UC Campus and outside of a Catholic Festival in West Chester. FYI

I got threatened a little worse both at Newport and Findlay market for not getting permission. They were a tab more PO'd at me. Smile But I now have permission for both!!!
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Chad, That's where I got asked to leave too, Not near UC but at a Catholic Festival (St Maxamillian Klobe, my wife was painting faces there so I tried to do a little busking) in West Chester and on Mainstrassa in Covington.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
The way I see it is being moved on helps you find the better pitch.
Mario
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Well, I just read that RIPTA (Rhode Island Rapid Transit Association) has announced they won't HAVE the ferry this year due to lack of funds!

Oh well, it would have been a nice idea.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My first attempt at a video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL