The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Liquid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
150 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
The effect

A card is selected, signed and returned to the deck, a coctail napkin is brought into play and handed to the spectator. The napkin is placed on any window and the cards sprung ontop the napkin, the napkin is riped in the middle and the spectator can see there signed card and not only is it behidn the napkin it is melded through the glass. The magician can then pull the card out through the glass or the spectator can. the napkin is removed and the window solid.

< my review >

when I orederd the DVD I knew the method but wanted to see how practical it would be in real world performance. You get almost all you need in the dvd package. The DVD has about 9 different sections showing you performances and teaching many routines that can be done with this effect. The performance part of the DVD shows only bits and pieces of a full performance, you are not able to see a real world application of the effect. The teaching in the effect is in my opinion one of the worst jobs, the magician seems to nervous and not prepared to speak about the effect and at times seems un-sure of how he wants to teach the effect. There is also times when there is so much clean up in this effect that you need a bus to pull infront of the scene to block it. at one part the magician states the spectator will be so shocked they will not see your clean up, which if you watch the video will see the magician teaching it is not even able to clean up the effect without some hard work. The quality of the dvd is also in question in some parts, its like watching cloverfield.

The idea is a good one but I feel it was pushed to market way to fast, you will see a few effects ont he DVD where you have to trust the spectator not to peek, or the effect is ruined. Granted in every trick you need good spectator control, in this one you better be good at it or prepared to be laughed at.

1 out of 10

Michael Graves
http://www.gravesmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Liquid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL