The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dennis Loomis Cups and Balls Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
DENNIS LOOMIS CUPS AND BALLS ROUTINE. Could this routine be modified to do standing. I would like to buy this book just wanted to make sure it could be standing.

Thanks
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Email Dennis and ask him! He's a great guy, and I know he'll be more than happy to talk to you on this.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
I do it standing all the time. Just a couple of tweaks here and there. Buy the book regardless it's very much worth owning.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Thanks, MinnesotaChef, for the kind words.

As noted, you can do my routine standing if you wish. The final loads will have to be carried in your pockets, as will one extra small ball of a contrasting color. Here's a link to the book:
https://loomismagic.com/item5226.htm
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
Does this book contain the routine for the La Petite Chop Cup? I am desperately searching for this routine but have so far been unable to locate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
I've always said if you want to stand out with a cups and balls routine, Practice all the time and do Loomis or Horowitz.

Vernon's routine is perfect in it's own way. It works, and therefore, most performers use it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. This way of thinking runs the risk of redundancy. Anyone who's been to a renaissance fair with more than one magician knows what I mean. It's really refreshing to see a well executed alternative to the accepted standard.

I consider the three ball assembly using the loaded lift to be an indispensable move in any cups and balls workers arsenal.
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Quote:
On 2008-02-03 23:46, Prof. Pabodie wrote:
Does this book contain the routine for the La Petite Chop Cup? I am desperately searching for this routine but have so far been unable to locate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Different book, but still (probably) available from Dennis.
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I have just a few of my Micro Chop Cup (Originally dubbed La Petite by my friend Mike Brazil) routine booklets. They are not on my web site, but it you want one, just let me know. When they're gone, they will be gone.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
MadUncleAndy
View Profile
New user
Deep in the Heart of Darkest America
68 Posts

Profile of MadUncleAndy
Quote:
They are not on my web site, but it you want one, just let me know. When they're gone, they will be gone.

You don't need to say that one twice. You should now have one fewer available, as I've just ordered one of them. :-D

Best,
Andy
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
I recently purchased this booklet from Dennis Loomis, and I've got to tell you it is great. So here is the routine condensed to the important points:
phase 1: you impress your audience!
Phase 2: you stun your audience!
Phases 3 and 4: you astound your audience and try to figure out what you are going to do with all the tips! Smile

Seriously though it is a great routine and well worth purchasing while you have the chance.

Thank You Dennis,

Ocha
I was Me but now He is gone.......
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Thanks, Ocha, for the kind words.

Best to all.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
Quote:
On 2008-04-05 19:16, Ocha wrote:
I recently purchased this booklet from Dennis Loomis, and I've got to tell you it is great. So here is the routine condensed to the important points:
phase 1: you impress your audience!
Phase 2: you stun your audience!
Phases 3 and 4: you astound your audience and try to figure out what you are going to do with all the tips! Smile

Seriously though it is a great routine and well worth purchasing while you have the chance.

Thank You Dennis,

Ocha

It sounds great, I must admit I've not seen a performance of the routine but it sounds a winner. Its on my wishlist as we speak...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Dennis Loomis Cups and Balls Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL