The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini's coming to TEXAS!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
Hello,

I just got a call from Jim Cellini (the great- ha) and he's coming back to TEXAS. Next week he'll be doing lectures in San Antonio and Edmonton (or something like that). He says this lecture's a lot different than the one he presented 2 years ago so contact me if you are interested in attending. I promise it will be worth any travel you might have to do.

I'm more excited because he and his wife will be staying with me. As I mentioned in a previous post. . .I'm going to try and get him more computer literate. . .so the first step will be showing him this web site and letting him feel the love you all have for him. So. .. if you have any specific questions or just want to say Hi. . please start up a Cellini thread (or add to this one) and I'll make sure he see's it this weekend . And hopefully, I'll coax him to answer a few questions during the tutorial.

Thanks,
Daniel
dbull@austin.rr.com
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

I know Texas is a big state, but if you are within a tank of gas of where ever Jim Cellini is lecturing, you owe it to yourself to go.

I saw his lecture in Kansas City months ago, and I'm still in awe. Get his video, track down his book, pour over them, and then go to the lecture loaded with questions.

Cellini's got to be one of the nicest guys I've run across, and I've met some pretty decent folks both in and out of the magic business, and when I met him he was more than willing to answer questions and discuss the finer points of working the streets.

If you are entertaining the idea of taking your magic to the streets, if you ever thought about chucking it all and hitting the road, if you only want to dream a little about the freedom of the street, if you want your magic to be more magical, go see Cellini!

Hey, what else can I tell you, I'm devising a plan to see him in Indianapolis in May, and that's eight-plus hours and a tank-and-a-half from KC!

Have fun learning how to play in the street.

Joe in KC

Make magic happen, live a great adventure!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
He's going to be in Chicago on the 21st, and a possible Indiana date before then, and Ohio just after...not yet confirmed...Chicago is happening though

koz
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
What are the dates for Mr. Cellini in San Antonio? My brother lives there. Also, are there any plans for southern california lecture in the near future?
(Koz, I see you haven't left yet. I wanted to tell you that I got the Slydini book and reviewed his cut and restored to professor's nightmare routine. It's great. But you're right, it does eat up a lot of rope. I think this is what Cellini was doing in that closing footage of the street performing dvd. Have a great trip going where the road leads you and the tricks take you!)
Best,
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations James,

http://hometown.aol.com/magiclecture/cellini.html
is the website that lists Cellini's lecture stops. He's going to be in San Antonio March 12, unless the site needs updating.

Man, you gotta, I mean, gotta, go. Hey, use it as a great excuse to use up your bother's food and bath water!

Someone can correct me, but I think he's been through California, but his tour seems to be taking him on an odd route around the country, keep checking the site and bugging Koz. Just kidding, Koz.

I'd go to Chicago but prior commitments have me heading in another direction. Now all I have to do is justify to my girlfriend spending a day to travel to see Cellini when I've seen him before, burn a day of vacation doing it, and doing it the week before our RenFest run in St. Louis starts. I hope my ability to talk fast doesn't fail me!

If you can't make it to Texas, I think Koz said Cellini has plans to be in KC during the IBM convention over the July 4 holiday. Unfortunately, I'll be in Texas that weekend, producinging my company's convention, unless, of course, one of these powerballs pays off! Smile

Have fun playing in the streets. Hey, are those Galli Galli cups something or what? I've taken some time to work with them, and my Morriseys seem like shot glasses now. And the Bosco cups are going to be perfect for RenFests, I've been doing most of my work with those.

Later,

Joe in KC

Make magic happen, live a great adventure!
Patrick McKeever
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Patrick McKeever
Thanks Daniel for hooking us up with Cellini the other night. It was a treat sitting around shooting the breeze with Jim. His life in magic is fascinating.
Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
Patrick,

It was nice to get to know some guys outside of the club atmosphere, let me speak for Jim and Mary Ann when I say that they too enjoyed themselves. Hope you can make it to San Antonio tonight. . .I've got a birthday dinner to make for my girlfriend.

Enjoy,

Daniel
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I think jim is in San Antonio today....I'm on new orleans trying to stay out of jail!!!

koz
Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
Hello Ted,

Last word I heard from Jim is he's coming to see you. . . so YES, stay out of jail I don't think they are coming with bail money.

Enjoy the time with "the master" . . I did.

Daniel
dbull@austin.rr.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini's coming to TEXAS!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL