The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The IPhone....a Magicians Worst Nightmare!!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Josh (and anyone else with that problem)....

Gimmicks are quite EASY to make. It takes about 10 minutes. All you need is a:

Black Shoelace
Cork
Wire Coat Hanger
Plasti Dip (sometimes called Tool Dip)
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I picked up the zombie years ago when I was in my "ooh, that looked cool on tv" phase. I have since come to understand what suits my character and do not buy props unless I'm sure that I can incorporate it into my shows. As of right now, I don't see much use for the zombie for me.

I appreciate the input though.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Does anyone still do the stupid 'pop up from the crotch' move?

I always thought that looked really queer.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I believe Amazing Jonathan still does that but he really plays it up!!!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2008-02-19 09:17, lylemagic wrote:
I believe Amazing Jonathan still does that but he really plays it up!!!

I could never pull that off but he makes that move funny!!! Smile
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"Does anyone still do the stupid 'pop up from the crotch' move"

Yeah I do but it is not with a zombie, leave Lyle alone he does what he does it works for him maybe not me or you, but then if everybody had the same outlook magic would be even more boring & stereotypical
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:

Exactly! People have always had the means to access magic information. Its what they choose to do with it that can be annoying. Don't blame the messenger or the device.

, Jonathan

Yes, but not with technology helping or aiding that access to that information.

Back in the day BEFORE the internet, you used to have to get your lazy bum off the couch, drive 50 miles to the nearest shop...actually know where the shop was and then DROP THE CASH to learn it. Or at the very least, own a library card, again, get up off the couch, trek to the library and search for the effect.

It's magic for monkey's now-a-days. As stated above with what happened at his show, let's face it, other than the guy knowing prior to the show, before the internet, before the iPhone, before that technology, that NEVER would have happened.

Technology DOES hinder our art. There is no question.

Does it help it too? Of course, but I tend to think it hurts it more than it helps.
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Quote:
On 2008-02-19 01:09, lylemagic wrote:
My Zombie does NOT look like a "ball on a stick" look. To prove it...the guy had to look it up on line to figure it out! I can't wait to get my routine posted up so you can look at it...but, as in most things, I'm sure Magi will simply look to try and find fault. I guess I would do the same....

Ho Hum....

Lyle:
I'm sure your routine is done well. I seriously was not trying to offend you, I just have a different opinion on that effect, that's all. We all have differing likes and dislikes, which is what makes life interesting. I'd love to see a clip of your routine (maybe you'll convert me), but I understand that it's not a priority. If you ever find the time, let us know!

P.S. I like your card shower publicity photo. Very cool!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » The IPhone....a Magicians Worst Nightmare!!! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL