The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Submitting article for youth column (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
I was wondering if anyone has any advice on submitting an article for the youth column for The Linking Ring magazine? Who would I need to get a hold of?
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Ryan Salwak is the MYI editor of Tophat Topics. The Ezine appears on the new IBM portal, and Ryan welcomes articles. I don't have Ryan's direct email address, but you can reach him through info@magician.org

Dakota Rose is the very capable and talented editor of the Linking Ring's Magic Stars of Tomorrow column. Contact Dakota at magicdakota@aol.com

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Skip,

At 62, I'll have to admit that one of my favorite columns in The Linking Ring is the one by Dakota Rose each month. (Someday, you'll have to increase the font size for us aging guys!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Dakota does an excellent job of writing. Very talented, and he chooses very talented youth subjects to focus each column on. And you, sir, look dang good for 62! :o)

:punkrocker: DAY 6 Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
I agree Dakota has been doing a great deal to help Highlight the work of so many youth In our organization. As for the print, I'm just going to start having someone read it to me. My arms have gotten that short.
m
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Geesh...You old guys! Just pull up the online version and magnify the pages! :o)

Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
Shouldn't it be called "Top Hat" instead of "Top Hat Topics"? Top Hat was the name of the magazine of Magical Youths International and "Top Hat Topics" was the name of an advertising supplement by Tannen's.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
There's been some controversy on this, Steve. The M.Y.I. history and samples that I have shows it as "Top Hat". A few Merlins have told me they remember it as "Top Hat Topics." I BELIEVE its being posted to the web portal as "Top Hat Topics", either way. I take it you remember it as "Top Hat."

Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
It's easy to check Stephen Fernandes' book on teenage periodicals to find the answer.
Yes, the IBM web portal has "Top Hat Topics" which, as I said, was the name of a Tannen's newsletter, which is probably what the Merlins remember.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Steve Burton is correct....the MYI magazine was just, the "Top Hat."

I hope this get corrected on the I.B.M. Portal.

Ryan's dad, Dale knows this.

Do send in those letters and articles for the portal lets fill the "Top Hat."

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Submitting article for youth column (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL