The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2008 entrée: Jay Sankey » » Spellz » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Hey J

How the heck are ya!?

I was wondering if you get recognized by kids wherever you go because of your show?

Almost everytime I do a kids show there is always 1 or 2 who ask me if I know Jay Sankey from Spellz! I get to say: 'yes!! we dated a few years back'

What a special moment for a little ankle bitter to recognize you in line at the grocery store!

Does it happen frequently?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Eric Leclerc is in the house! We all know this talented guy from his incredible work on the Underground Jam DVD:
http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48073
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jay sankey
View Profile
V.I.P.
68 Posts

Profile of jay sankey
Ha!!! Great to hear from you buddy! I hope you are well and not breaking too many hearts! And yes, I literally CAN'T go into a toy store, grocery store or bordello without getting spotted. And then of course they ask me to show a trick and I always go into either a poker demonstration or a 6-phase mental routine involving the U.S. golf masters of the past 50 years. Always kills.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
No sponge ding dong? I'd thought that would be the natural way to go...
skinnyJon
View Profile
New user
Upstate New York
42 Posts

Profile of skinnyJon
There's always a lot of tricks in bordellos. "Pick a cad, any cad."
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Eric,
I've used that cap in bottle from Underground Jam on dozens of people, they all love it - and spend the minutes following the effect trying to find a hole in the bottle. Nearly all of them have enthusiastically asked to keep the bottle.

Jay,
Your "Unique Object" (probably not the title) effect, practically runs my marketing. I tweaked it a bit so the corner is stapled to the back of my business card, which has been in a sealed envelope since the start. I once tried to take the business card back from a spectator, who demanded that he be allowed to keep it!

Bottom Line: Underground Jam is one crazy DVD.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Quote:
Bottom Line: Underground Jam is one crazy DVD.

Yes - really a very underrated Sankey DVD.

Jay, I know you've talked about why you'd probably not do another of these, and I respect your reasons, but boy oh boy do I hope you might make another Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2008 entrée: Jay Sankey » » Spellz » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL