The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » OK I'm going to test you now!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
214 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
Silly thoughts:

What about a timed escape? The contestants could be handcuffed or tied together and have to figure out how to get out. Lots of comedic opportunites...

There is a brain-teaser escape with two people and rope or string that isn't a magic trick, more of a party game. I'll see if I can find it.

Or they may have to complete other magical tasks in order to get the key to release them. Tasks like changing clothes (under covers of course) while handcuffed...

The one-handed and the 'tying a knot without letting go' are in most "stunts" type books and wouldn't give away any secrets. And there's the classic 'pulling a tablecloth from a table without breaking anything' stunt.

I am assuming these are all being done to the amusement of an onlooking audience.

S.
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
Excellent ideas, many many thanks guys
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
BarryRice
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
88 Posts

Profile of BarryRice
Okay, first of all, avoid head choppers, needle thru arm, ect.

I like the idea of escapes or rope tricks.

Also, and I am not sure if this will play well, how about "do as I do" effects. It would be fun to see how the participants would play off getting the same results as the spectators.
"The magic of the tongue is the most dangerous of all spells."
-Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton

http://www.amazingbarry.com
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Whens the show David?

You could do the classic loops (cant remember the name!) but the effect is:

You have 3 large loops made from crepe paper. Each contestant merely has to cut down the centre of the loop to form two seperate loops. You do this to demonstrate. When it comes to the specs turn you can make it a race, of course neither wins as one gets two linked loops, and one gets one long loop!

You could finish this off by gathering all the loops together and producing a dove from them or whatever just to prove that you are magic!!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
O.K. Show over.

Thanks for all the input everyone. There were aroung 250 people at the Wedding Fair I was advertising at and one of the reasons I wanted to do the show was to advertise my services.
I went with a short magic presentation which included cane to silks, A rope routine and then silks to cane. The contestants only had to try and recreate the rope part of the act.
Everyone seemed to enjoy the show and I did receive lots of interest in booking my show for forthcoming weddings.
Many thanks, David
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
BarryRice
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
88 Posts

Profile of BarryRice
Quote:
On 2003-03-18 21:45, ChrisZampese wrote:
You could do the classic loops (cant remember the name!) but the effect is:

You have 3 large loops made from crepe paper. Each contestant merely has to cut down the centre of the loop to form two seperate loops. You do this to demonstrate. When it comes to the specs turn you can make it a race, of course neither wins as one gets two linked loops, and one gets one long loop!

The name of the effect is the Afgan Bands I believe
"The magic of the tongue is the most dangerous of all spells."
-Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton

http://www.amazingbarry.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » OK I'm going to test you now!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL