The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Do Tally-Ho have a natural bow? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DougS
View Profile
New user
Lanoka Harbor, NJ
9 Posts

Profile of DougS
I wasn't quite sure where to direct this question, so I thought this might be a fine place for it. Typically, I use Bicycle cards (not necessarily for flourishes) and I heard good things about Tally-Ho. I read that they were a typical favorite for magic, so I ordered a deck from The Magic Warehouse with a larger order I was making.

I was displeased to find that the cards had a natural arc to them. When I might try to press them flat, the deck would produce a faint "snapping" sound. They weren't perfectly level. Tricks requiring a "natural break" became very obvious. DL's and all became awkward because of this.

Having never handled another deck of Tally-Ho's in the past, I wonder if this is how the cards are made or did I get an unfortunately bent deck? I'm not going to return them to the Magic Warehouse, being that it's just one deck. However, if Tally-Ho cards are just that way, I'll stick to another brand in the future.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
No, Tally Ho brand cards are not "just that way". I have experienced this warping phenomenon with all brands of cards during the winter months. But, then again you may have received a bad deck. Tally Ho is my favorite brand and I can attest that they are some of the best cards you can use for card magic.
Cardamagically,
DOM
:) Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Sk8erBoi9305
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Sk8erBoi9305
They just got warped. this can happen from being left near a heater or having very quick temperature changes. getting a card clip and help prevent this.

although I personaly wouldn't spend $30 on a porper and I'd just get more cards. ALOT more cards.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Say what you like about the Porper clip but IMO it is without a doubt the BEST guard/clip out there!
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Do a ton of shuffles and bridges both longitudilly (normal shuffle) and the other way (like one hand shuffle) and springs in the opposite direction, you can bend them back.
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
I found my Tally Ho's to be perfect. It's ellusionist decks you wanna look out for.
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
I live in New Orleans and find a clip can give a card a few extra hours esp. with our heat and humidity. I don't use a Porper clip I do use one I picked up for about $10.
I do think even the cost of the more expensive clip will more than pay for itself.

Mickey, is there a functional difference from a Porper and a less priced clip. It does look like that it might give an evenly spread amount of pressure but I am curious as to how different it is.

Thanks

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Do Tally-Ho have a natural bow? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL