The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » routine so far (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Matt
I'm beginning to put something together for this summer for the street. I'd be interested in what people think of what I have so far.

First open with rings to get peoples attention. (I'm still playing with the idea of some sort of medicine pitch, but so far don't have the time, the money, or the inclination to write my own or pay for someone elses.) As to what I'm going to do with the rings, I don't know. I have the Aldo Colombini book ordered that was suggested earlier. I'm thinking I will find something there.

Then I have borrowed the beginning of Scott Guinn's mentalism routine where the borrowed $20 is the prize and the selected card is the answer. Then to the silly mentalism where the specs bill is turned into some sort of silly bill while in another specs hand (see post on show me the money).

Then with a nod to Mumblepeas I ask the spec if he can hang around for a minute while I try to get his bill back. I go into a rope routine (cut & restored or something from the previously mentioned book). That obviously doesn't do much to get the guy's $20 back so . . .

Into the bill in lemon. I've thought about offering the guy some of my lunch to compensate him, forcing the lemon; some other clever way of introducing the lemon; or just bring the thing out and cutting it open.

What to you think? Any holes? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Matt
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Matt,

Sounds like a good act! Although, the part of my routine you're referring to should be credited to Ken Brooke.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » routine so far (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL