The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Posted a Childrens Sermon Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Thinking on the topic "does the magic get in the way of the message?", I recorded my children's sermon today and posted it on youtube. The Biblical text itself is one where a feat of mentalism gets a woman's attention, much like Nicodemus the week before, who comes to Jesus because "what he does cannot be done without God." In both cases, this is what opens their minds to his words, and in both cases, they are stuck on the literalism of his words "born again" and "never ending water."

Anyway, as children are concrete thinkers, I found it an interesting challenge to try to do this one. I welcome honest critique and criticism.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, the baby in the foreground is mine (Jack), as is the girl clinging to my leg (Olivia). Mommy had the camera, so both were hamming it up. There are several children out of the shot, Meg wasn't going to be intrusive as a videographer, she just sat in the first pew. I had around a dozen kids, most aged 4-5, several older as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEbqp85vzs
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
A beautiful illustration and fine example of the use of Gospel magic! Thanks for sharing that.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
magicoftomh
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, Ohio
3664 Posts

Profile of magicoftomh
Rev,

What a wonderful way to explain the Woman at the Well story! Your message was well presented and clear to the kids. It is a fine example of entertaining while educating. Thank you for putting a smile on my face, and warming my heart.
Here's hoping everything you do hits the BULLSEYE!

Tom Hornikel
http://tjhornikel.cjb.net
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
RevLoveJoy,

Thanks for sharing that. On two sides of the country, there were two Lutheran pastors performing the Lota Bowl to explain Living Water to kids.

I appreciate the risk and posting it on the forum.

RevJohn
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Wonderful to see you live!!! Thanks for this
Many Blessings!!

Paul
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Thanks for the positive comments folks. I was really wishing that 4 months ago I had invested in one of those nice pottery lota bowls that doesn't look like it came from a magic shop. They are rather small though.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I saw that too and thought about getting it, but too small.

Hey, you shouldn't have to worry posting things like that in the Gospel Magic forum. I really liked the message to it...two ears up (if anyone has ears to hear)

I use the lota to talk about the woman who had the oil that kept flowing as long as she had a jar to pour it in...I have the children act out the story, pass out cups to the audience and the kids playing the boys that were going to be taken goes out and gets the cups and it keeps flowing...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Posted a Childrens Sermon Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL