The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » AirForce (coins to Cup) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
This is one of my takes on a coins to cup. I wanted to do one without all the back and forth of the coins from hand to hand. I think I did that.
I got inspiration from David Stone, Scott Guinn, John Bannon, boy that's a mix....lol
Anyway I hope you like it.
Comments welcome
Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVpNYj87rI
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Tim,

Props to you on the choice of premise for this one. I like the way you've positioned the audience to appreciate as even more impossible the fact that the last coin makes no noise on arrival. That's the way to use presentation to solve problems with the method.

The problem for me is, however, that the topic of your lecture is not of any natural interest to the audience. I mean, if someone asked me if I'd rather hear a lecture on the history of technology in the US Air Force or see a cool coin trick, I'd probably go for the coin trick.

Suppose you take the same approach, but from the audience's perspective: "People are always asking me if the hand is quicker than the eye. You might think so, but the government has proven that it's just not possible to move so fast that you're invisible. Really, the Air Force cares about this, in the 1900's they built the fastest jet they could, (like the first coin) you could still see and hear it coming...."

This preserves the clever structure of your routine, but slants it more towards magic, and what the audience is experiencing. I'd avoid summing up with the "history of flight" line, perhaps the lesson (if there is one) is that there is a way to move invisibly, but it's a government secret, and you can't tell anyone.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks for sharing.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
It's very nice routine.
It's very creative of you can related Air Force to your coins.
Other story might go better with the trick as well though... Just IMHO.

Thanks for sharing
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Considering that I learned my first coins to glass routine from you and the ending is my favorite kicker I'll have to give this a big thumbs up!
Mick
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Curtis
Thanks buddy for the suggestion on patter I will explore going dowwn that raod with it. You bring up some great points.
Justin and Andre
Thanks for taking the time to view and comment on my routine.....

Mick
What can I say....I did'nt know I was your first.... then you left without saying good bye.....lol
Pm me if you would like this new version buddy
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Pretty nice Tim. Particularly like the last phase with the coins going through the glass. Pretty cool. Smile Keep up the good work my friend. Always a pleasure to see you do your thing. -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » AirForce (coins to Cup) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL