The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bauer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I just saw the advertisment for BAUER, and discovered that it includes English Subtitles. When I save up some money I am going to buy the DVD all because of the fact that it is SUBTITLED.

Subtitles and Closed-Captioning needs lots of support so people please buy BAUER or any other magical DVD that includs Subtitles/CC.

I would like to take the time to thank the people who produced BAUER, "THANK YOU" and that includes a big hug from me.

Many thanks
Keith
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This is an issue that more producers of DVD's and videos need to address. Magic is not just an art form/pastime for the hearing or those who can see. More and more deaf and heavily hearing-impaired people are learning magic. What good is a DVD to them if they can't understand what's going on?

It would be really wonderful if there were some way for deaf magicians to obtain a script or transcription of the audio track of a DVD. It would also be great if there were some way that people in various and sundry magic organizations could help out with transcribing some of the DVD's so the deaf could use them.

There is a deaf magician in the DFW or Austin area who attends many of the TAOM conventions. I don't know where the funding for his interpreter come from, whether he pays her fee or the TAOM picks that up. There should be interpreters at all conventions and at all lectures where there are likely to be deaf attendees.

This brings up another thought. I have seen videos recently produced that were filmed overseas and had seriously deficient voice overs. They would have been much better off to have used subtitles in place of heavily accented English. One in particular that I am thinking of could have easily done this, but instead included a translation of part of the DVD.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Interestingly, you don’t have to speak English (or any language), need to read English subtitles, or even be able to hear to gain full benefit from Jay Scott Berry’s instructional videos. They are all silent (to music), clear as can be, easy to follow, and good instructional videos. He’s been doing silent instructional videos for a couple of decades now. You do have to be able to see
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Who or what is this "Bauer"?
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My question about this is who wrote the ad. Mark Stevens writes better text than that. It's as if it were translated from Japanese into English by a non-native speaker.

Be very careful of DVD's that have overdubbed English or subtitled English where the subtitling/overdubbing is not done by a native English speaker. It leads to some very, very odd language.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ferrissteve
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of ferrissteve
Anyone have the effect or have played with it??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bauer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL