The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » Let's keep it in the family (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Discussion and/or experiences performing with your family members.

For many years, I employed the help of outside sources for my shows. Ladies and Gents that had experience in theater, music, dancing, etc. I could remember interviewing a young lady dancer and costume designer who replied to my ad and showed up half-naked. Well, say no more, folks. It led me to this point. One evening, as I had a Black Tie affair with a lot of VIP, my would-be assistants called me up that evening and said they had family and boyfriend problems. Since my wife was with me and finely dressed to kill, I asked her if she could help. She was gung-ho about it, and thus I began to train her. My children gradually followed along. Finally got rid of the riff-raff. My family saved my evening, and it's been the best moment of my career.

Any good stories out there, please share along.
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
Well, I'm sure you've read what my experiences with my father have been in the thread below this one. However, I employ the help of another girl, and she is fabulous!!! It's not all riff-raff out there.

Alexa
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Alexa,
I got tired of excuses, and as it happens, my wife saved my evening for me. I got tired of having to train new people to my standards of work, which I take very seriously. Thus, it was my decision at the time seeing the circumstances. Please don't miss-understand me. There are many good and reputable helpers out there. This is solely based on my personal story.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I agree with both of you. but finding a good assistant is hard. I had one lined up last year and then two weeks before. the date was she took something else. and as for her pay for her would of been about a thousand dollars out of my pocket. and this would of basically been just for her to fly to me and rehearsal plus to be with me onstage. and no longer then 8 minutes. I'm still looking for someone decent and reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » Let's keep it in the family (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL