The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Hanging at Fantasma, MNM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
I've been going the cirque route for the last few years, and the Café here has been my link to the magic community at large.

But this Monday I had a nice time hanging out at Fantasma with Simon Lovell, David Oliver, David Roth, Thorsten Happel, and some others whose names I cannot recall.

MNM lineup was David Oliver, Harley Newman, and Rocco. I was sitting with Addy, another Café member, and my friend Thorsten performed some closeup during intermission.

Fun show, good raconteurs at Fantasma; overall, a nice evening out with a group that is different from clowns, jugglers and acrobats.

Thanks magicians.

-Brian
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Brian
When is a good time to go there, and what is the name of that Saturday afternoon hangout. It is 100 miles away from my house, but If that is the kind of people you meet there I would love to make the trip.

There is a Friday night magic shop happening in Bristol, Pa. that I've been meaning to go too also.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
Hey, Al,

I know David Roth is leaving today for a lecture tour in Asia, and Thorsten is also leaving today for some work in Europe. Beyond that, I tend to have good luck when visiting Fantasma. It seems like MNM performers from out of town tend to congregate there before heading up to the theatre.

I don't know the Saturday thing; I was killing time between a concert and the MNM show, so I decided to pop into Fantasma to see if anyone I knew was there. And, as is the usual, I run into Thorsten, who has been my inner-circle connection to the NYC magi for a while now.

I'm actually writing a piece for Spectacle magazine (to be clear--I was asked to submit a piece; it may or may not be printed in a future issue) about hangouts for NYC circus performers. If anyone knows any magic hangouts that have other sorts of variety performers, please let me know, and I'll stop by, and include them in the pitch.

-Brian
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Oh yea Brian there is a midtown BBQ joint that the big guys go to on Saturday afternoon. I'm sure a real New Yorker will read this thread and tell us.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the SOHO Palyhouse when Harry and Mika perform there.

I love going out with the guys after MNM and the last time I was there I actually met Steve Martin who was performing card tricks for the magicians at our table. What a thrill that was.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
Hey Brian I came during the Fantasma hanging thing, I was the kid who came and left with David Oliver, I probably did meet you but just don't remember, and Al the saturday hangout is on saturdays at Maui Tacos, on 34th and 5th, just a few blocks away from Tannens and Fantasma.
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Hanging at Fantasma, MNM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL