The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Whats the best fx you have ever seen ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Will L.
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Will L.
Whats the best fX That you have ever seen ?

My favorite would probably be snow ?
Todays The Day.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I don't know exactly what you mean, but the best effects SHOW I have ever seen, by far, is Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They have EVERYTHING - including SNOW! They are what Pink Floyd aspires to...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Opus1
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Opus1
Whooooooahhhh, there amosmc: "...what Pink Floyd aspires to..."?

Oh man! How could you dis Floyd like that?!? So much I could say right now, but the tears of sadness and anger are flowing so greatly, I don't know if I'll be able to finish thi respo

"...goodbye, cruel world..."
Opus1
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Opus1
Okay, feeling better now Smile
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
This propably doesn't qualify as effects per se, but the finale of Sarah Brightman's Harem concert is a single event that has had the most profound emotional impact on me. She is lifted up on wires and her enormous cape envelopes the whole stage, on cue the cape falls and for minutes confetti rains from the ceiling. Combined with a stunning singing voice, perfect song and awesome lighting design. It was an experience like no other.
Sent from my Typewriter
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2008-02-29 02:16, Opus1 wrote:
Whooooooahhhh, there amosmc: "...what Pink Floyd aspires to..."?

Oh man! How could you dis Floyd like that?!? So much I could say right now, but the tears of sadness and anger are flowing so greatly, I don't know if I'll be able to finish thi respo

"...goodbye, cruel world..."

Now, now... take DEEEEEP breaths!

This is coming from a Floyd fan, who has seen them in concert several times. If you have never seen TSO, then you can't understand.

An interesting aside - I was talking with the TSO lighting technician at last year's concert. He told me that have about $14 million in their light and effects show for the two tours. He also said that, when budgets begin to get tight, the effects are the first thing o be scaled back in most tours, but not so with TSO.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I really liked the portal effect from the Terminator show at Universal Studios.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/termin......67383661
(looks better in person)

Day 1
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=32&29
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I once saw a Le maitre special effects indoor pyro demonstration at a lighting convention in Orlando. It was two and a half minutes of pure bliss!

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
FX or Pyro?

I have always believed the best FX mate the the pyro flash and bang with other technologies to produce a metaphor in our brain.

Therefore would David C's blowing up of a building qualify as a special effect in his escape and appearance from steel plate routine?

I have always wondered if Franz Harrari's addition of Pyro to his point of impact car crash escapes dressed up or cheapened the effect.

One of the best special effects ever invented IMHO is the LIGHTING required to perform the Blackstone lightbulb -- even in open air.

So -- to me -- there is a lot more here than confetti cannons, smoke machines, pyro cups and fountains. There is the intergration of many technologies into a grand total of an effect to make it memorable.

So -- in that parlance and with that understanding -- that Eugene Burger's simple knocking over of a coke bottle in a dark seance would qualify here if you do not just mean a Roman festival at the colosseum.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Whats the best fx you have ever seen ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL