The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Boris Wild’s Remarkable Card Magic DVD set (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Cardcase diminishing isn't explained cos its John Cornelius trick that is marketted effect and not Wilds to explain. I think he also gave few places to get the huge boxes, one was to make em yourself with computer and some cardboard.

The book covers most of the tricks with marked deck from the set and also some others that aren't on the dvd set.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Boris has strong material with marked deck. It is so strong...

this set looks great

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I watched the set once and sold it. I found him very hard to understand ( I have no problem understanding David Stone or Etienne Pradier ).

He came off as trying to be funny and I got that the audience gave uncomfortable laughter. It seemed as if they had no clue as to what he was doing. From people I've chatted with, I would say that this set was not a hit.
~Joe
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I agree with Joe, when you're not funny don't try to be, it's worse and Boris Wild is not funny at all.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I found the tricks to be long winded, hard to follow and boring.
~Joe
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
Quote:
Boris Wild is not funny at all.

Well, I've got to admit that at the beginning of the set, when he acted all star-struck over Frank, I thought it was hysterical.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
I have a set view only once to offer, PM me for details.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I enjoyed this set and can't say I had any problem understanding Boris. Yes, you need to listen closer, but I find the same is true for some performers from the UK. If your not use to a certain accent it's always going to be a little harder to understand.

Even though he was speaking in a second language, I fous his presentations to be quite entertaining.

These DVDs have a lot to offer. His work using a marked deck was amazing. His Kiss count was strong as well, just to name a couple things on these dvds.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2009-11-29 17:56, Joe Mauro wrote:

Seriously, I have to ask this, but have you ever watched the set? I havent for about a year now but if I remember right, the effects coudnt be any more straight forward??!??! Far from complicated?

J-M
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2009-12-16 20:06, korttihai_82 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-29 17:56, Joe Mauro wrote:

Seriously, I have to ask this, but have you ever watched the set? I havent for about a year now but if I remember right, the effects coudnt be any more straight forward??!??! Far from complicated?

J-M

Yes, I bought, watched and sold the set. People have different opinions and mine is just one.

How come you have never posted about it until now, since your post indicates you have the set ( but haven't watched it in a year )? I could draw inferences as you did with my post, but I won't.

Maybe you could watch the set again and review it so everyone can see what they are missing. Would you be willing to do that?
~Joe
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
I recently brought this out again. My first impression was that he talked too much, which, for me, diluted the impact of the effects. Looking at these DVDs again, I was more impressed with the material. Although I still think he talks too much.

Not only does he talk about his marked deck work (which he uses throughout the set), but he also talks about his mem deck work. Interesting, but I'll stick to Aronson.

His VERY WILD! is still the best thing he's done: visually impressive and right to the point.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Here's my take: Boris Wild Review
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Jstone, you liked the set and said "Each effect is a showpiece". May I ask which ones you added to your own work and perform?
~Joe
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Boris' material is fantastic. I used to do Wild Monte a lot.

Just because one does not like his performance style does not mean that the effects should be overlooked. His color changing deck is a worker as is a lot of the effects on the set. His work on the Invisible Deck is amazing! There are so many foolers on here. I enjoyed it very much and am surprised to read so many negative comments.

Does this mean I use all of the material? No. But then again, I don't buy stuff because I will necessarily use it. I buy a lot of things just to see what's out there and for research purposes.

However, if you are looking for effects to perform, there's plenty of stuff on here that's great. Boris is also a deep thinker about magic. He was very inspiring to me.

And the marked deck... well, his applications are genius.

Enough rambling for now...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I always take into consideration when watching performers like Boris Wild, David Stone, Lennart Green, etc., etc. aren't speaking in their native tongue and how difficult it must be to translate there act into another language.

So, let's give these guys a whole lot of credit for the job they do.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ArielIllusionist
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ArielIllusionist
I met Boris about three months ago in a lecture he did for us in the "Greater Miami Magic Association" Ring IBM 390 and SAM Assembly 280. He's not only a super nice person but an excellent lecturer and magician. Superb thinker! Anything Boris puts out is worth getting.
ArielIllusionist
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ArielIllusionist
I agree with motown completely!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Boris Wild’s Remarkable Card Magic DVD set (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL