The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » 3510 by Luke Jermay review request (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
The companion download; 10 Card Poker Deal by Luke Jermay - is pretty sweet and it's gone over in the book. Your spectators pick the cards and you win every time! The ten-card poker deal has long been favoured with magicians and mentalists. This fresh and modern version is more crowd-pleasing than ever. WATCH DEMO: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1598

So between the book and the companion video - no brainer
pjarnold
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of pjarnold
The companion video seemed to be thrown in because the 10 Card Poker Deal was the section where the poor editing of the book actually affected comprehension of effects. Clearly something went wrong halfway through page 84.
bahamagician
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of bahamagician
Although I've never had the testicular fortitude to try it, I absolutely loved the thinking behind the Touching on Hoy routine. He's dedicated a lot of the book to that routine and honestly, that routine alone was worth the price of admission.
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
Like anything, the way you feel about the purchase will depend on where you are in terms of subject knowledge, and what you expect to learn.

I can say if you are "serious" about mentalism, meaning you perform a show regularly or are striving to, you could be missing a lot by not having this book. This is "real-world" stuff written from lots of experience.
myrealsphinx
View Profile
New user
Brazil
79 Posts

Profile of myrealsphinx
Right now... in penguin's.. $14.95... PURCHASED!!! Let's see it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » 3510 by Luke Jermay review request (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL