The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey gets "Hypervisual" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Quote:
I have one routine that I'm working on for a show next week. I know it will kill. It's just so clever.

so chris........
which routine did you go for, and how did it play?
are people still using these effects / cards?
cheers
matt wainwright
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
The demo, it seems, has nothing new to offer. A rehash of sleights that have been around for quite some time.

As has been said here the cards themselves might be worth the purchase.
Magic is a vanishing art.
smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
[quote]On 2008-10-28 19:44, SplitSpades11 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-11 09:57, DougNicols wrote:
He needs to slow down on the releases, and concentrate more on quality.
I am sorry but last time I checked you were not running a multimillion dollar business.Jay is probably one of the most successful creators of all time.Evey thing he releases is pure flawless quality.He has over 25 years experience and is trying to appeal to every close-up performer.I think he knows what he's doing buddy.

What a sad, sad post. I think this pretty much sums up the state of magic today: judge a magician by how well he can market his effects. For further references, please see the Ellusionist and Penguin sites.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I bought these way back when, and because I had so many other things I was working on, I never got to them.

Well, recently, I finally got to them, and I am more than happy with what I received as far as gaffed cards and instruction on the DVD as to how to use them.

I will be using many of these effects when I want something purely visual.

Just my two cents.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I really enjoyed this DVD/gaff package as well. If you already know all of the moves, then maybe it's not for you unless you really like the gaffs. But I was glad to get Sankey's approach to changes all put on one DVD. True, most of the sleights are available elsewhere, but Sankey takes a patient, clear and thorough approach with his teaching, and it never hurts to get different perspectives on the same moves. And keep in mind that there's always a fresh crop of magicians learning these changes for the first time, who will appreciate Jay's ideas on what to do with them; as NBC advertised, "if you haven't seen it, it's new to you."
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Jay's teaching has always been the best of the best to me. In my mind I put him right beside Ammar as far as teaching goes.

Sankey's teaching is thorough, clear, and he ALWAYS gives more than you payed for. (Actually, more than a guy can use in a lifetime.

And his enthusiasm for magic shouts from each DVD.

The man is literally a walking ENCYCLOPEDIA of magic effects, sleights, thoughts and ideas.

I always wonder, with the hundreds of effects that is in his repertoire, how in the world he chooses which one to perform today. (And how on earth does he keep all that encyclopedic knowledge in his cranium???) His memory is even more astounding than his magic!

But as far as the Hyper-visual DVD, I'm working some on it each day, trying to add as much visual material to my repertoire as I possibly can. Good stuff, man!! Thanks Jay!!

I especially like terra unfirma as I missed the Sanders Sankey DVD and it's no longer in print, according to Jay. Something about that surreal kind of stuff that just appeals to me.

Must be the early Doug Henning influence in me coming out.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
What kind of gaff cards in this package? Is it only some standard DB, DF, BF, etc? Or it's more like Ultragaff deck where we can find some unusual gaff?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Bunches of unusual gaffs! I use the sleeping queen gaff all the time. And there are several more.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
PM sent.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey gets "Hypervisual" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL