The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Vegas, baby, Vegas! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
So, I will be out in Vegas doing a bit of work next week. I also will be visiting Transworld haunt tradeshow, and I have a bit of time on my hands. Anyone doing anything interesting or would just like to catch a cup of joe with me? Let me know.

Todd
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Your going to Transworld?? I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous. Let me know what you see. We were thinking about going out this year but my spring break got canceled and we got a couple of gigs etc.. etc... Have fun in Vegas!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sure Todd, stop on by, I'll make you a cup...

We're not far...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
Hey, Todd: For a (relatively) up to date listing of what's going on in town, check out our VEGAS MAGIC page on our local IBM web site: http://www.ibm257.com/index.php?pr=Vegas_Magic

Wednesday nights at 10 PM is the Gary Darwin Magic Club (Boomers) which has been meeting for 42 consecutive years. Stop in....chances are you'll see someone you know from your past....or someone who you've recently read about in the trade pubs. Everybody who's anybody stops in to Gary's club when in town.

If you've got the time, and want to see one of the largest private collections of magic props, books, manuscripts, ephemera etc; in the world, let me know, and I'll set up a private visit to Gary's Museum while you're in town. Gary is getting up there in years and has been struggling with some health issues as of late, so don't pass up the opportunity to pay him a visit when you're in town.

Friday's at 11:30 AM, Fantasma IBM Las Vegas and KIDabra Las Vegas jointly host a "Magic Lunch Club"; an informal get together for lunch. Details on the http://www.ibm257.com website as well.

Check out http://www.VegasInsideTips.com which includes a column written by Steve Dacri and includes a list of what's going on, who's where, etc;

Please drop me a note on the "Contact Us" page of the http://www.ibm257.com website....one or more of us would be happy to meet with you upon your arrival and give you the personal, up-to-the-minute lowdown on what's going on in town. See you in Vegas!

On Monday, I'll be previewing the Transworld Haunt Attraction Auction at Circus Circus in the afternoon, then our KIDabra Las Vegas club meets that evening. Check out http://www.kidabralasvegas.com for more information. We love guests! Hope to see you when you're in town!
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Zamora the Torture King is out at the Greek Isles doing the Haunted Las Vegas tours still I think, so you might want to give him a call. (I think that I have his phone number around still)
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Sorry I missed you Tom. I was out at Transworld Tuesday after doing the 42 St Patricks Day Festival out in Henderson with the Strange Thing. (Thanks Doug!)

Met up with John Shaw, he and his crew were out there in the haunt section quite noticeable with their matching black shirts ( no pun intended) and walkie talkies, attacking en masse the goriest of gore booths...

Currently sitting in the RV here in Laughlin awaiting tomorrows open of the Blues and Brews festival at the Colorado Belle and Edge Water. We will be selling the hippie slum there and we hope the Edge Water crowd comes out cause the average age of Colorado Belle patrons is around 136, each carting an o2 bottle with a cig sucking through their trachs...

We will be in Yuma first of April for their county fair there. Zack and Mack will open there with a special blow off treat from Doug. Should trip the night fantastic...

Back up to Clark County Nevada and then down to Tucson, where the fair is the best ten days worth of work anywhere in the west during the spring...

ciao

the professor
abigkahuna
et al
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
So I am walking through The Venitian hotel talking with some friends on our way into the convention and someone from behind crabs my a**. I turn around to see who the hell was having the fun when I see my friend Todd Robbins. I had no idea he was going to be there and it was quite a nice jolt for the morning and long day ahead. Todd, I am sorry we did not get a chance to hang a bit but it was very hectic for me there buying new props for the haunt. I hope we can get together soon.

John Shaw
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
We blitzed through the show that day and missed seeing you guys again. I have to agree that all of you wearing those black outfits did make quite an impression. It was clear you were all together and on a mission. Sorta like demonic Amway salesmen.

See you down the road.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Yeah, we try to come in with a show of strength...lol. We are definately the Demonic Buyers, I am always going for that better deal. I am sure we will run into each other again soon.....this time I get to grab your a**....baby!

John
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Someone back in San Diego told us that the Wednesday night magic sessions with Gary Darwin (and others) has moved from Boomers. It doesn't appear that way from the above messages.

My friend and I would like to stop by this week as we're in town for a convention. Can someone please confirm location and time? (We're staying at the Mirage).

jocdoc
http://www.medicine-in-motion.com
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Though I could not make the meeting, it was at Boomers last Wednesday.

Todd
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Thanks, Todd. We'll be there.

We caught Mac King this afternoon and will see Steve Wyrick tonight. BTW, it looks like swallowing goldfish is easier/safer than swords! [we met at Monday Night Magic this past October; I hang out with Bob Elliott now that he's on the left coast. That's Bob in the avatar with me!]

Take care.

jeff (usually in san diego)
http://www.medicine-in-motion.com
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2008-03-26 20:21, jocdoc wrote:
Thanks, Todd. We'll be there.

BTW, it looks like swallowing goldfish is easier/safer than swords!

It all basically the same. You start by swallowing your pride and the rest goes down easy.

Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Vegas, baby, Vegas! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL