The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Unhelpful Answer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-03-17 19:24, Danny Hustle wrote:
Drhackenbush,

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!

I also completely understand the astronomy reference as well being a night gazer myself. When I suggest binoculars to someone who asks me about telescopes and they blanch at the idea I always point out, "Keep in mind, a decent pair of binoculars will be 1000 better than what Galileo had, and he did okay." Smile

Best,

Dan-

HAHAHAHA. Right on Danny!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
rxwookie
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
59 Posts

Profile of rxwookie
I think that advice from the pros to build up your show slowly and with a lot of research is valid and grounded in a lot of experience. Keep in mind, that the written word often comes across quite differently than our original intention.

Don't forget how it was when you were first learning. Share your wisdom... the key word, however, is to share. While we do need to gently steer those who are new to the art (or new areas of the art), we need to do so *gently* and with great encouragement. Otherwise, the art will die with us.

Thanks for listening,
RxWookie (Kyle)
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a sucess unexpected in common hours.
~Henry David Thoreau
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Unhelpful Answer (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL