The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » want to add rabbit to show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SethL52
View Profile
New user
Arab, Alabama
56 Posts

Profile of SethL52
Does anyone have a good idea where I could get one and a cage for one as well? I would like to add one to my magic show.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Check on line. I did a search on rabbits and found a person who raised dwarf rabbits within two hours of where I live.

I have been unable to locate a white Flemish Giant though.

As for the cage, I built mine after looking at pictures on the Internet of different type cages. Mine is a bunny hotel which houses four rabbits. Two bucks and one doe. (Still waiting for the giant rabbit.)
Dennis Michael
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Dennis, try the Flemish Giant Breeders Association (oh yes, there is one!). It can be found at:

http://www.nffgrb.com/Breedersdirectory.htm

I love this breed of rabbit!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Thanks for that link. I didn't have that one.
Dennis Michael
SethL52
View Profile
New user
Arab, Alabama
56 Posts

Profile of SethL52
Wow that really helps, I appreciate it. I will most likely add a rabbit to my act within a year or so.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Definitely get a rabbit when it is young , direct from the breeder if possible, not a pet shop. Spend a lot of time with the bunny when it is young to get it used to being with you and being handled with you. If you treat the rabbit kindly it will be a delightful pet and a loyal magical assistant .

But make sure you spend the time to "bond" with the animal when it is young.
victorkent
View Profile
New user
Narnia
76 Posts

Profile of victorkent
My breeder-supplier of fine bunnies is The Wyles Family Rabbitry. They have New Zealands (can get real big and are white), Mini-rex (the best bunnies for travel and performances), Dutch (Black and Whites) and Flemmish Giants (sandy brown "red"). They are at 530-589-4063. You may need to find out from shipping companies like UPS what it would cost to ship a bunny from California first.
-vk
John 3:16
http://www.victorkent.com
http://www.kentfamilyillusionshow.com
[email]victor@victorkent.com[/email]
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I see nothing wrong with buying a young rabbit from a pet shop. You can obtain cages there too. Rabbits from shops have received lots of attention and handling.

I have 2 dwarf rabbits. One white and one black. They have been great. Both are fixed.
Daniel Faith
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
City pounds are usually full of rabbits, especially near Easter.

My choice for the best place to get a rabbit is from a rescue organization like
http://www.rabbit.org.

If you go to one of these groups, in many cases the rabbit will already be litter trained!
SnakeBabe
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
90 Posts

Profile of SnakeBabe
I agree with Zack, Please check out the local humane society or pounds. They usually have more rabbits than they care to have and many times are gentle pets that are no longer wanted.

Hugs and Hissessss,
Maria
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good thought......I found an ad in paper and got a dwarf from a breeder....
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
I see nothing wrong with buying a young rabbit from a pet shop. You can obtain cages there too. Rabbits from shops have received lots of attention and handling.

Hi,
There is nothing wrong with buying a bunny from a pet shop. However, depending on where you live there are certian advantages to buying from a breeder.

1. Often the pet shop will sell small bunnies saying they are Dwarfs knowing that most peple will not discover this until it is too late and have grown fond of the bunny

2. If you plan on keeping the bunny outdoors and you live somwhere coldish then because for several weeks bunny has grown used to the warm shop he will probably not last long outside. this is one of the biggest causes of 2&3 day bunny deaths. I hear of it all the time

3. if your bunny is ill shortly after purchase then the breeder is interested and probably help you identify the problem, after all it could have come from his holding and he will not want to lose any either.

Phillip
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Phillip,

You are becoming one of the resident Café bunny experts here.....Smile Just got back from my 5-10 min hold period....If you think about it, it all adds up to about a hour a day in between errands. I work nights so I'll have to squeeze my work night/days in periodically.....

Many telling me that even though the load chambers on different boxes looks and measures small, rabbits somehow squeeze (mold) into them and settle down. I'm finding this out with my rabbit at his current weight. Once in the box, he now mellows out. It only took about 3 attempts. Just hoping he will be able to do this in a couple of months.

Wayne
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » want to add rabbit to show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL