The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Inked (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Hello everyone on the Café,

My newest effect Inked will be hitting a market nearest you in the near future. The effect is one that absolutely falls into one of the most mainstream forms of art in todays world, which is tattoos!

Effect: You walk up with a deck of cards and have a spectator select any card. You have them rub the card to show that everything is solid and dry. You then proceed to rub the card to your cheek and melt one of the pips right through your cheek and when you remove the card one pip is gone! Now for the big kicker you open up your mouth showing that the pip is now tattooed to the inside of your cheek! You can then take the card and spit the pip back on the card restoring it to its original condition and now you show your cheek again and the tattoo has vanished off your cheek and the tattoo seen before is not anywhere to be found.
This effect can also be performed with the index of a playing card, or as a prediction of a card by it being tattooed to the inside of your mouth.

As an added freaking strong brain buster effect that can be accomplished with Inked... You have the spectator think of any persons name and then you proceed to reveal the name little by little then state that you actually have the thought of persons initials tattooed to the inside of your mouth!

There doesn't have to be any previous tattoo experience and the effect is completely painless Smile

So stay tuned to http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com for more details and a demo video in the next few days.

This is cool, hip, mainstream magic! This is Inked!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Sounds very good, thanks for the heads up.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Here is the link to Inked. So stay tuned it is set for release late this month
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Quote:
On 2008-04-06 14:46, jordanjohnson wrote:
Here is the link to Inked. So stay tuned it is set for release late this month

looks like you forgot the link, to inked
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I think Inked demo video is going to be up and running at http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com soon?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Hey just an update for everyone Inked will be available very, very soon on Black's Magic. Make a tattoo of anything you wish appear tattooed to the inside of your mouth. Very practical one time setup which will last a lifetime. The tattoo can be made to appear and disappear at the performer's will. This is the single effect that gets the most oooos, ahhhhhs, sighs and gasps and is always the effect people talk to me about after I perform. This is hard-hitting magic at its best. It's time to get Inked!

http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com/index2.php?pageid=inked

Postremo,
Jordan Johnson
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Does it have to appear inside the performer's mouth? While my mouth hygiene is fine, I personally would not want to start showing the inside of my mouth to strangers and I personally would not want anyone showing me the inside of their mouths either,even for a magic tirck. To each his/her own.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Unless you got a real tattoo then yes it would have to show up on the inside of the mouth. I have never had anyone think that it was weird or inappropriate because now days it is a common thing for people to get tattoos in their mouth (which is where the idea spawned from when a buddy of mine got a tattoo on the inside of his lip). The spectator doesn't have to crawl all inside your mouth to see it. You can open your mouth pull your cheek out and it can be clearly seen from quite a distance away.

Postremo,
Jordan Johnson
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Jordan,

Thank you for your reply and further clarification. Perhaps I will give it a try. It certainly sounds different and interesting. I hope you do not mind me asking, but is it something taht will require refills?

Thank you again for your help and courtesy.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
How is this that different from the effect by Daniel Garcia where the card is revealed etc by having it's suit etc appear inside your mouth?
Sure with Garcia's it's supposedly a burn, but it sounds like yours is just a different way of presenting basically the same reveal.

Now I cold be entirely wrong, and this may infact be very different in performance, but what makes this so?

I do think the idea is pretty good though, just want to know what makes this different?
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Thanks for the questions,

Magicinsight,
No refills at all. One time set-up will last a few years if not an entire lifetime.

Y2John,
I am not familiar with that effect and don't know the working behind it nor have ever seen it.

I can say though that you can make the tattoo appear and disappear at will and once you do the initial 5-10 minute setup you can perform the effect all day, everyday without having to reset or refill anything.

Also the suit is just the tip of the iceberg with what you can make appear. You can do anythng from the pip of the card, to a spectators initials, an ESP symbol, a thought of number, and even a thought of name or initials.

Fell free to ask any other questions,

Postremo,
Jordan Johnson
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ah I see... ha ha nice.

Ok then this is different and from the sounds of it, vastly superior.
Cheers for the info, sounds good, especially the fact that it an be things like initials etc, and the fact that you can cause it to vanish... cool.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Hey guys,

Inked is now released and is available at http://www.blacksmagicgroup.com

The site is going through a bit of an extreme makeover and we are working on getting the demos up, so the demo should be up in the next couple of days.

Postremo,
Jordan Johnson
jclark
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of jclark
Hi everyone. Real quickly. Inked is very different in method and handling from Danny's work, though there are obvious similarities. The DVD teaches how to make and use a gimmick, which is not what/how Danny does things. Also, you can make the tattoo (any kind you like) appear and disappear as needed, which is also something new to Jordan's credit. In fact, it can nearly be done impromptu. I should have put the connection together with Danny's tattoo reveal, as he showed me he had a tattoo inside his bottom lip a while back. That was my fault. He's been using his version(s) of a tattoo reveal in the mouth for some time and deserves credit for that. I'd highly recommend anything Danny has personally invented and released. He's very creative, very talented, and someone I consider a friend. I spoke with him about this today and put up a credit on our site. Thanks to Danny for the gentle reminder and to everyone here for your continued support. You can all expect good things from Jordan Johnson. Best, JC
mysterious_guy
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of mysterious_guy
This looks excellent and something that would really fit my style.

Out of interest, what is the Daniel Garcia effect called which you are all referring to, just so I can see the differences?

Also, what do you get inside the package - is it just the DVD, or do you get the gimmicks too? (Or do you have to make them yourself?)

Simon
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Hey Simon,

Glad you it looks like something you will use.

As for Danny's effect, I have never seen it or heard of it before Y2John or James told me about it and I don't know where a video of this is. I do know his is a real tattoo on his lip that is permanately there unlike Inked where as you make it appear and vanish at your will. Inked also doesn't limit you to one card or object as does a real tattoo.

The package is just the DVD and I tell you how to make the gimmick which is really easy and takes 10 minutes tops. The gimmick will last hundreds if not thousands of performances or even an entire lifetime depending on how you take care of it. Also there is a password protected forum for Inked that has different ways to make the gimmick. I will also be sharing new ideas and approaches for Inked.

Postremo,
Jordan Johnson
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
The demo is now up and running. It is demo number 04 on the video viewer on the top right side of the home page. ENJOY!

Postremo,
Jordan Johnson
Magic Phenom
View Profile
New user
Oakland, Cali
17 Posts

Profile of Magic Phenom
Hi Jordon,

Do you have a demo for this other than on the Blacks site because I cant find it on there.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
mysterious_guy
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of mysterious_guy
I take it you would need the card gimmick for when you show that the pip has vanished from the card - is this not included?

I am also a little disappointed that the spitting of the pip back onto the card was not shown in the video.

However am still looking forward to picking this up,

Simon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Inked (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL