The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twister by Jay Sankey! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
This is my review on Jay Sankey's TWISTER .

I have always love key bends and currently use a variation of Bob Casidy's Bent On Strange and Andrew Gerard's Key Accessory . When I saw the AD in Jay Sankey's new effect TWISTER which states that :

`Unlike most key bend handlings, with TWISTER the just-examined key stays in full-view before, after and even DURING the eerie bend!

The audience actually gets to SEE the key bend without any cover and then you can immediately hand it right out, no switching! You can even have the key initialed by a spectator and STILL do the incredible bend! '

Can it accomplish what was stated in the AD ? ..We'll get to that in a while .

The package comes with everything you need to perform the effect

THE DVD

The DVD itself is very well produced and gives many ideas and routines that can be incorporated with the twisted key . It teaches you switches , how to mark the key ( with a sticker ? ) , and even gives you reasons why NOT to mark the key . Many handling and variations are taught on the DVD , which might I mention are mostly coin sleights .

Well produced and lots of variations with the twisted KEY provided . Live performance ? NO.

THE PERFORMANCE / ROUTINE

As stated , Jay teaches many routines with the Twisted Key , some of them usable and some of them far too ` sleight of hand magical ' for my taste . If you want to bend a KEY , you take a KEY , concentrate on it and by all means , pray hard that it starts to bend . You don 't have to flick it here and there and make it jump all around and finally wrap it in flash paper .

THE BIG QUESTION .

Can it do what the AD says ?
`Unlike most key bend handlings, with TWISTER the just-examined key stays in full-view before, after and even DURING the eerie bend!

Definitely NOT ! Any experienced performer will tell you that .

I like most of Jay's stuff , but with my experience in coins , all I need is to twist a key at the hardware shop and I can accomplish the same effect without the DVD . I got the effect due to the AD and I really do think that I was blatantly cheated .

Although I'm very angry that I got mislead , the DVD supplied as I said is well produced and does teaches you a lot of things that you can do with the Twisted Key .

If the ADVERT was amended and the description of the effect was altered , I would have no reservations towards TWISTER . As for now , no Jay Sankey products for me until someone review it 1st .

Hope this helps ,
David
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
justini
View Profile
New user
Salisbury, MD
54 Posts

Profile of justini
Thank you for the information David, I appreciate your review.
Justin
justini
View Profile
New user
Salisbury, MD
54 Posts

Profile of justini
I did end up getting this and like it. As I am new, I learned many moves that may already be known to more advanced magicians. I already had Killer Key, which I really like, and this provides a great finish to that effect. I have no experience with other bends, ie spoons, etc. I do feel that for the price this was a good value. I learned a lot and have a good workable effect. Yeah, I probably could go bend my own key, but I feel like I got a lot out of the DVD which was worth the price alone to me, so the included key saved me time to practice, rather than make my own.
I would give this a thumbs up for newbies like me, as you can learn things that apply to not only this effect but others.
My personal favorite handling is the use of the nail to make the key bend.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twister by Jay Sankey! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL