The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Needle Thru Balloon Wands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snedglow
View Profile
New user
Pine Grove, PA
94 Posts

Profile of snedglow
I use one of those wands filled with Vaseline to protect my balloon needle between performances.

Anyone know how to replenish the supply of Vaseline inside the wand?? Yep ... I'm a bonehead and have no idea how to do it! Smile

Thanks!
-Randy
[email]rsnedden@closeupmagic.org[/email]
Smile
~~~~~
“Chance is but the pseudonym of God for those particular cases which He does not choose to subscribe to openly with His own signature ... ”
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
Just use a paper clip with a little hook on the part with the hole for the needle. Pop that out and use finger and Vaseline in. Tap the wand on the bottom to make the Vaseline go down. One you think you have enough but the cork back in the hole.

Easier way... just buy and new one. They last a long time. My wand it messed up by the time I need to replace the Vaseline. I like to have a new wand then my old beatup one.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2008-03-30 02:15, Bradley Roberts wrote:
Easier way... just buy and new one. They last a long time.

Exactly. I tried to refill it once and it was simply more trouble than it was worth.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I also take the time to polish the needle about every 6 months. The needle gets a bit rough on the edges. Simple wrap steel wool around the needle and run it through a few times until it shines.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I've used mine in 1000s of shows over the last 22 years. I refill it all the time. The only thing I can add to what B-Rad says is to use a plastic knife to scoop up the petroleum jelly from the jar and use it to spread it into the end of the wand. From time to time, as I am filling it, I use the needle to push the jelly down further into the wand. Once you've refilled it, you'll likely find that too much petroleum jelly is applied to the needle at first so I put the needle in, remove it and then clean off the jelly and repeat that a few times until the needle comes out with the proper amount on it.

The reason I don't replace my needle wand is that I refinished a long time ago and the black paint is much more durable than what it came with.

Michael
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
If I recall my tip comes off mine making it easy to refill. Not sure if it was made this way but it works great.

ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Mine is stoppered on each end with a cork (not rubber, but actual CORK, cork) and is simple to remove with the paperclip that has a tiny hook on one end. My wand is over 25 years old, too!

Steve
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
One end stays corked and I use generic petroleum jelly (vaseline) from a squeeze tube....makes it simple to squeeze the jelly down into the wand. Sqeeze tube is available at the drug store/pharmacy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Needle Thru Balloon Wands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL